1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to avoid spammer in phpbb

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by toby, Feb 24, 2007.

Hello guys,

I run a small forums, but i have always receive spammy registar even thought I turn on the CAPCHA.

Is there any way to stop spammer from register? The rate of registration is like 10 per days.

toby, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  2. chopsticks

chopsticks Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are several ways of doing this. A quick search on Google should be able to get you some methods of doing it such as putting in an anti-bot question.

I have stopped the vast majority of bots (used to get around 10 per day) by adding in a few little mods myself. Some of these include removing the website fields etc from my form and making it fail if anything is inserted (method of stopping some remote registrations). A value is inserted into a hidden field and checked upon submission and fails if it isn't a certain value.

Also, I blocked numerous email addresses like: '*[at]cashette.com', and anything ending with [at]ru. Now I only get on occasions 1 per day, sometimes more, other times none at all for upto a week. At that frequency they are really easy to delete.

chopsticks, Feb 24, 2007 IP
    toby likes this.
  3. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks m8. it's great suggestion :). I'm in canberra. Pretty near to sydny eh.

toby, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  4. chopsticks

chopsticks Active Member

Best Answers:
    chopsticks, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  5. kapengbarako

kapengbarako Peon

Best Answers:
    kapengbarako, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  6. swiftmed

swiftmed Peon

Best Answers:
    That looks pretty nice, I think i'll try that for myself and see how it works!

swiftmed, Feb 25, 2007 IP