1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a bad reputation for doing NOTHING! (Admin please read!)

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Skribblez, Jul 16, 2005.

Hello,

I can't really be bothered looking through the forum and the members list so i can contact the admin (I don't know his username by the way)

I have received negative reputations for NO good reason! :mad:

One negative reputation i received was for my post - Zeeblo - FREE cPanel Hosting

The reason was: Spammy

Seriously, I don't recall my post as being spam since i have worked towards being a Grunt so that i can post in the Buy, Sell or Trade section. I was merely advertising my free webhosting for the benefit of the users and i get a negative reputation? You've got to be kidding me.. Aren't we actually meant to advertise in that section anyways? :rolleyes:

I've also received two other negative reputations:

Negative Reputation #2-
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=235614#post235614

I get a negative reputation for greeting a new member at DP? This is RIDICULOUS! :mad:

Negative Reputation #3-
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=21327

Now i get a negative reputation for simpy trying to sell my website? come on! this is overkill!

I know i may be new here and i don't really have the right to complain but i honestly feel that i am being treated VERY unfairly by some of the DP members who think they can give me a negative reputation for no good reason! Thanks to those people, I now have a RED reputation block which can leave a bad impression on alot of members here at Digital Point.

The fact that people here like to give bad reputations for the fun of it makes this community look unprofessional IMHO.

If you were in my position, you wouldn't like to be given a bad reputation for doing NOTHING wrong.. would you?

Can an admin please fix up and/or remove these negative reputations i have received for no real reason whatsoever? I am just trying to contribute to the community and i end up with getting a bad reputation? Thanks alot..

Skribblez, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I see a green square so I wouldn't worry about it.

yfs1, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  3. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    relax and dont rely on the rating here anymore as you should rely on the pagerank. its all just for fun. :)

the only people with a high rating are people who are living in the general chat forum all day and the best posters here that I know, have a single green block because they dont enter the general chat forums. :)

Except for some that visit both. still rating is the most silly thing on this forums. dont rely on it too much ;) I for sure wont measure your credibility with it.

Dirkjan, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Tuning likes this.
  4. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never really knew that that is how the reputation system works here at DP. I believe it is not logical to allow someone a good reputation just because they post alot (probably mostly spam :D) For all you know, they could be the greatest and biggest scammer undercover and you wouldn't think that since they have so many shiny green blocks to attract your undivided attention. :D I think the admins should really think about their reputation system and ask themselves "Is giving good reputation to people who spam a good option?" :) Think about it!

In reply to:
    "Heres a green - stop crying and just post...thats the best way to recover"

FYI, I didn't know that posting could earn green reps as i am new here and please stop with the "stop crying" :D This is the internet, I am only angry because of the fact that i can't give a good whacking to the people who gave me a bad rep for no reason! Anyways, I'm just joking but that's how i feel.. lol

5. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't bother about your reputation, after a while on the forums you'll know who the good people are and who are the time wasters, regardless of the colour and quantity of the dots next to their name. Likewise, after a time people will make the same conclusion about you.

pwaring, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    TommyD and Josh like this.
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Thats not exactly going to win people over :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words

By the way Shawn (the Admin) has couple of those shiny green sqaures...Damn Spammer !!

yfs1, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Josh likes this.
  7. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Hehe. I got a bad rep from someone for actually helping them. He must have accidentally clicked on the disapprove instead of approve button. I didn't even know there is some reputation before people started worrying about it all over the place in recent days/weeks :)))

subseo, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  8. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it. Reputation is really pointless.. the only thing it does for you is give you bragging rights, and the ability to have a sig.

People will always give you reds.. just keep on posting and eventually the greens will outweigh the reds if you post good posts.

Josh

Josh, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  9. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    The simple fact is that some people leap without looking. I admittedly got offended by some bad reps because I felt it was questioning my professionalism and integrity when I started out here not too long ago. I could care less about the green button, but took it personal feeling my intentions were in question. Now, I could care less about either :) Heck, this post alone will get me a bad rep or two ... c'est la vie - click away.

Complaining about it or making statements from haste will only worsen the situation - it's called taking a few lumps - don't worry about it.

Personally, I think it's an unnecessary toy, but for the vanity and ego boost for those who need it - so be it.

Your little green button is like Google PR - getting wrapped around that axle will only cause a loss of focus that could be better spent.

wrmineo, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Josh, yfs1 and Crazy_Rob like this.
  10. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, it can be offending for DP newbies like me who are new to this system in use here at DP :D

ResaleBroker likes this.
  11. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be even more helpful/funny/ useful and you wont have to worry..

Design Agent, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  12. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Zeeblo,

Everyone in this thread can play it down as much as they like and tell you not to let it bother you but the fact remains that you didn't deserve the red reps. You're providing a service, and free at that, to help others, and some ****sucker thinks it's ok to red rep you and call it spammy? These f**kers get on my nerves.

And you do have a right to complain whether you have 1 post or 25,000. We're all equal. Anyway stick around, keep being a good member of the community and the good rep you receive will always outweigh the bad.

Kalina :)

Colleen, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

A lot of members here will red you in order to intimidate. Some of those members are used to having power in their own forums or forums that they moderate and they cannot accept the fact that here they don't. They seem to forget that the low moderation here is the reason this forum is so popular in the first place. There is also a high level of hyprocricy where often the ones calling others spammers are in reality the ones who have a need to conceil the main reason they are here, which is plugging their business. However, if you want to be a part of this community, my advice is to play nice. If the reds bother you, then focus on the positive in here. You will find a lot. Stick around and things will turn around for you. true colors come out eventually, and as of now you are a newbie - keep doing your thing, and you should be fine :cool:

Blogmaster, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  14. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zeeblo,

In my first week I got a couple of reds and was called a bitch and all sorts by some feeble minded plonker for no reason at all. I know it is upsetting at first but it really doesn´t matter at all. Forget it and concentrate on why you are here. Some sad little person getting his rocks off by zapping newcomers with red rep is more to be pitied than scolded as my old Granny used to say.

Another thing that you´ll find is that the reps - red or green - slowly creep out of your line of sight so you can forget about the nasty ones quite quickly.

e10, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  15. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Don't panic about the red. Some members like to test n00bies, er newbies, by de-reping them when they make an introduction. Posting about it is the worst thing to do, strike 1 in there book. And any time people complain about de-reps, they get even more de-reped. Heck the #1 rule here about the reputation is to not even talk about it!!!!!! Just keep the image below your post count green. Red= Oh boy, here's a trouble maker or spammer!!!

I'll give you a warning right now, I'm one of those time wasters. Any time I reply to a thread, I hijack it. Case in point: So guys, how was your sex life last night. Any one break there virginity??!!! See any hot chicks lately??!!! :D:D:D:D

Nintendo, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just fyi: I have redded you once for the disgusting pic of you know what ... I've also greened you twice. If you rep people, it should always beb unbiased :cool:

Blogmaster, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    smindsrt likes this.
  17. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    WHAT!!! But you got that stuff on your hands and feet!!!! 'Disgusting' is why I like it!!! :D:D

BTW, ladies, I'm still a virgin! Want a date??!! Want my 900 phone number??!! :D:D

Nintendo, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  18. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    You may have received this red rep because you greeted someone who joined before you. People may see your motives for posting in this thread as only to get your post count up and got annoyed. This is the only thing I can think of. I don't know why people red repped you for the buy sell trade section threads. Maybe they're just jealous of you. :cool:

Weirfire, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  19. PowerMonkey386

PowerMonkey386 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey wow, I didn't even notice those green boxes untill now! lol

PowerMonkey386, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Seriously i wish it would display NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE.

I am color blind and have to look at the source of html to figure it out =(

Shoemoney, Jul 22, 2005 IP