1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Into Azoogle - My Tips

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by dturnbull, Feb 24, 2007.

Well, when I linked to my article I was infracted for "spamming" :rolleyes:, so here is the article:

This is apart of an Azoogle Secrets I plan to be publishing onto this blog.
    Read the Terms & Conditions

Not every site, or person can get into Azoogle – simple. It is just impossible for certain sites or people to be allowed to advertise Azoogle’s offers, and no matter how much traffic your site receives you will not get in. If you don’t want false hope of being accepted, Reads the Terms & Conditions; it may take 10-20 minutes of your time, but at least you know beforehand if your site (or you, yourself) is eligible for application.

Correct Information

You can trust Azoogle, they aren’t going to spend their weekdays sending out junk-mail or high volumes of spam. Make sure you include correct information in your application as providing a fake name (or other) won’t only make you illegible for payment, but it’ll make you seem suspicious and Azoogle requires correct information.
    It’s always good to check your information over a couple of times, even if you intend to fill the registration form out correctly no one is perfect and everyone can make mistakes. It’d be devastating to find out that you’ve been waiting weeks for acceptance, only to later realize you typed your e-mail incorrectly.

Call Them

Azoogle has this long registration process to cut out the large number of spammers and con-artists on the internet. Commonly people involved in unethical (or just plain illegal) acts won’t want to talk about their sites or projects so calling them drastically increases your chances and account activation speed. It’s been proved, and even recommended by Azoogle staff to make a quick call.

Being Referred

I’m not too sure about this but this speculation has been floating around many forums. Apparently if you’re referred by an Azoogle member it increases your chances of getting accepted. Why? Well the only reason I can see this being true is maybe Azoogle thinks that if you get referred by an already accepted member, then you’ve come from a reliable source (ie, not a scamming background) - just a guess, but a possibility.

Ask Questions

You have the right to know why you haven’t been accepted. They don’t legally have to reply but they will (Azoogle is known for having good support). Ask all the questions you need too so you can improve your site further and get accepted at a later date. If all you have to do is get 10% extra traffic then at least you have a goal and aim to get there instead of blindly trying to figure out what is wrong.

Give Good Descriptions

It is unlikely that Azoogle representatives what to go through applicants sites and discover what they’re about – in the site description box give an adequate description of your sites, and go into detail. Describing your site as “Cool games site” won’t really have a big impact on whoever is checking out your application. You need a description that is:
    • True. Lying on an application is one of the dumbest things you can do!
    • Interesting. Has boring statements ever attracted anyone?
    • Contains a Good Explanation. Just think, would you accept your site based on this description?
    • Specific (No general words like “good”, “bad” or “nice”)
    • Not Overly Long. An Applicant checker doesn’t want your life story, so don’t give it to them!
    If you own multiple sites, describe them all. Like they say, never put all eggs in one basket. The whole aim of the game is to make yourself, Azoogle, and the advertisers money – if they see that you’re money can be diversified among different sites and genres you’ll be seen as more of a necessity than an asset.

No “Ad Spammy” Sites

Obviously people checking your application won’t like visiting a site with 1000’s of pop-ups, large leader boards, and tons of Google Adsense ads. Azoogle wants sites that can convert well, and that means people actually able to visit the site without their computer freezing or practically forcing them to close their browser. Keep your site clean with a few well placed ads and you should be fine in this department.

Got Rejected? Apply Again!

There is no law about applying again, this doesn’t mean apply again the second you’re rejected. After you learn why you’re rejected work on that aspect of your site(s) and then in 2-6 weeks time when you think you’re ready apply again. You may not need to even fill out the form again, if it’s just a small problem that needed fixing you can usually just reply to whoever checked your application, tell them the problem has been resolved, and ta da! Your account will be magically activated.

Explain How you Plan to Advertise

People like people who have a plan - having a plan before applying to Azoogle is a great way to increase acceptance chances. In the site description box write a brief category of your plan.
    • Are you going to primarily advertise via a website or e-mail?
    • What demographic are you targeting?
    • What category of offers are you targeting?
    Just answering those few questions can be very beneficial, but of course your affiliate managers will be able to help you maximize your revenue.

If Incentive, Say Incentive

If you plan to incentivize offers, don’t hide that, in fact it is better if you mention it seeing as Azoogle is very good at accommodating for incentive sites. It’s best to be out in the open and not try to ‘slink’ your way into a membership.

Tax ID etc

This isn’t a registration must as I got in before I even received my Tax Identification Number, but was told that I could not receive payments until my tax information had been entered. This is important for those who want to get their money as soon as possible without failure.

Directly from the Source

Information from a Co-Founder of Azoogle

For those that wonder why it takes so long (for some) people to get into Azoogle, here is a reason given directly from an Azoogle affiliate manager.
    “Affiliate approvals have in fact slowed down, largely due to the large volume of publishers signing up every single day for Azoogle. We don’t simply approve everyone who has a heartbeat or a website, we actually take the time to talk to each publisher, find out who they are, what they do, what we can do for them and what they can do for us. Many of the publishers here have gone through our approval process, and while it may be a little tedious, it’s worth it. (I think). If you applied a long time ago and haven’t been contacted by anyone, you can always call 905-946-0300 during business hours, and ask to speak to our affiliate approvals team and you’ll get someone on the phone right away. Even if you apply today and don’t want to wait, you can call us and speak to us, and we can most likely approve you within 24 hours or even on the call. If you want in, we’ll get you in.
    We have a very large team of affiliate managers whose sole job is to assist our publishers and ensure that you are running the best campaigns possible, please use them as much as possible, that is what they’re here for!
    If there are any questions, you can reply here or email me privately at . Cheers, Alex”
    Just thought people might appreciate this information directly from Azoogle Ads themselves.

Source

dturnbull, Feb 24, 2007 IP
    freshdevelopment likes this.
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    When I applied, I didn't even need to call. They saw my post about them over at SitePoint, in a thread and let me in!!

They did the talking to me via phone AFTER I was in! LOL! The post I made was...

and that got me in!!!

Nintendo, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  3. Affili-IT

Affili-IT Peon

Best Answers:
    I got accepted in like a hour, I didn't have to call or anything.

Affili-IT, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  4. pixeldawn

pixeldawn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    same here..

pixeldawn, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  5. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    meh not that hard to get in, i got in after a week almost forgot i applied!!! but now im making excellent $ with azoogle

well for the referral part, look in my sig! thats a ref. link

jessecooper, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  6. BusinessEmpire

BusinessEmpire Peon

Best Answers:
    They accepted me in a few days. So far, so good!

BusinessEmpire, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  7. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Thats a good post. Your original post was removed because it contained no value but links to your site and rss. Thanks for reposting

Shoemoney, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  8. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    Well thanks for the kind words. :)

9. AlexAzoogle

AlexAzoogle Guest

Best Answers:
    very good post indeed thanks :)

AlexAzoogle, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  10. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    hehe, no worries :D
    Azoogle has been good to me.

11. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post. My tips would be to call Azoogle directly and provide them with all of the info they request immedietly to speed up the process. Don't bother applying over and over online. Pick up the phone, get you're info ready, and work with the person on the phone. I called and got my account # and everything else immedietly. I faxed my ID and other information over to Azoogle and was ready to roll in a matter of hours.

Another thing I'd recommend for anyone is to have a TAX ID aka EIN number. It looks a lot more professional being a business then an individual when joining ad companies - that's just my two cents.

Ferrarislave, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  12. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GREAT post man! i hope people will read it before they apply.

xboxundone, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  13. jened

jened Peon

Best Answers:
    any clarifications in the original post you'd recommend? anyways just received my first deposit with you guys this last week and was approved really quickly and smoothly. great network. hopefully az doesn't turn into ypn in terms of getting in ;)

jened, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  14. Joseph Williams

Joseph Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    nice guide for people new to azoogle

Joseph Williams, Feb 27, 2007 IP