1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost google traffic in 1 day..Please help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by godmode, Feb 21, 2007.

I used to get about 200+ visits per day from google however since yesterday my traffic went to down almost 25 visits :confused:

what could be the reason? Why such a drastic change in traffic from google? Yahoo seems to be fine.

godmode, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain .... did you change anything ... I suspect one outgoing link I placed on the website and my google traffic went down 90% .....

What did you do ? :D

iatbm, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i didnt anything..in fact i didnt post anything yesterday..wondering whats wrong.

godmode, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  4. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It does not just come in one day .... think for some days back .... or just wait ...google is unpredictable creature :D

iatbm, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. JonMo

JonMo Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont worry about my website fluctuates its ranking almost everytime I check, it usually stays on the same page but some days its at the top and some days its at the bottom.

JonMo, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  6. godmode

Best Answers:
    yeah but it gave me a attack to see such a drop...imagine 200 to 25 :-(

godmode, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  7. Mr.Google

Mr.Google Active Member

Best Answers:
    It happend to me 3 weeks ago actually. But google E-mailed me with the reason. google also will send you a link when u fix the problem click on the link to reinstate the website again. it take about 3 days for them to reinstate ur website again.

Mr.Google, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  8. godmode

Best Answers:
    They didnt send me any email...should i just contact them? Can you give me their email address to send this?

godmode, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  9. Mr.Google

Mr.Google Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were u I would wait a little bit more, if the traffice didn't come back try this....

Go to google sitemap and vertify ur website then choose tools from the frontpage then choose reinstate.

When they sent me the E-mail. and I couldnt reply. because it was something like that.

Mr.Google, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  10. anotherchancetosee

anotherchancetosee Guest

Best Answers:
    This recently happened to me about a month ago. Although I'm absolutely certain it was because I upgraded my blog to the new version of Blogger AND began using their new Custom Domain feature. It's taking a while for the old results to filter out and get replaced with the new results. Slowly but surely everything is recovering, and the automatic forwarding of link-juice means I still have the same number of backlinks. My PageRank is still zero though, and it used to be a 5. I'm sure that will recover on the next update.

I'm still a bit bummed about it because I was starting to make some decent money, and its crashed and burned at the moment.

I'm still getting some good new backlinks, including a mention in the London Times newspaper and website the other week. That was nice.

And being picked by blogger as a Blog Of Note sent my traffic through the roof a while ago. Very cool.

anotherchancetosee, Feb 23, 2007 IP