1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social networking. how much time to get 5k users

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by student, Feb 22, 2007.

Let say I would like to run social networking with specific niche group. Let also say that group are people in marketing professional. Just for example.

How much time do you think we need to get first 1000 and first 5000 registered users? Again, it is specific niche market within social networking.

In promotion team are going to be 2 persons and they will promote network in follows way:

-blogging

-press release

-forums

-replies to articles with our signature

-link exchange

Do you think is possible with only that methods reach from 100 to 1000 in 1 month and from 1000 to 5000 in extra 3 months?

student, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    sure it's possible. it's also possible to be getting 50,000 users in 3 months, but don't count on it.

in general: don't copy other site ideas and hope to hop onto the bandwagon unless you have 1) significant improvements to their concept or 2) a great marketing plan to get the word out

your time is likely best spent elsewhere.

disgust, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  3. davidc1

davidc1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    everything is possible if you have ideas... (money can help !)

davidc1, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  4. NYDAz

NYDAz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you'll have an unique content ... be sure you will acheive this number of visitors ... but you'll need to work ... work ... work ... and ... finally ... work :)

NYDAz, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  5. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just got dugg on frontpage, yeah !!

i love social bookmarking sites from now on..

and yeah.. you will need unique content..

now i know its worth the writing for 1,5 hour for 1 article !!

KingNomar, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  6. PokerDIY

PokerDIY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

This is what I am doing - not quite the MySpace Killer but I run the biggest social networking site for poker players. Add to that Groups, Events and League management (from desktop poker software) and it's poker paradise.

I think you on the right idea tho - focus on a niche and do it well...

I have just over 5000 users (recently traffic jumped up quite a bit and I noticed we are now #1 in Google for things like "find live poker" etc.

So growing at around 30 new people a day, but still a lot of hard work - you will need to spend tons of time on SEO and link building, but your site CANNOT just be a MySpace clone - you must have a USP - in my case it is the League Management...

Good luck...

PokerDIY, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  7. Internet Whizz

Internet Whizz Banned

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites are everwhere, there is far too much competition. I think people have their 'favourites' such as Hi5, Digg, Myspace.

You might want to create a social network site catered to one market, such as 'Geeks'
    LOL just a thought.

Internet Whizz, Feb 22, 2007 IP