1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for Blogger Beta? Possible?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kumiko83, Feb 21, 2007.

I have a site that is growing rapidly and since it was created two months ago has received over 10,000 hits.

But I haven't received one single referral from a search engine!!:confused:

My site is hosted under Blogger Beta, so I was wondering if there are any SEO techniques for Blogger Beta sites?

Even better, if somebody wants to take a look at my site and tell me what I'm doing wrong, my site is:

Kumiko's Cash Quest

Thank you so much!:)

Kumiko;)
    xo

kumiko83, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    I also don't know. You get 10,000 hits without refferal from google thats owesome. But my blog has few hits but some hits are refferal from google.

Janna122003, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. alexei_aus

alexei_aus Active Member

Best Answers:
    it seems you are on digg and other communities

alexei_aus, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  4. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I've done a lot of link building and promotion to build traffic.

Do your hits come form keywords that you've optimized on other ones?

Kumiko

kumiko83, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. WebGeek182

WebGeek182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a lot of links, you'll get picked up from Search Engines. If you were just starting I'd recommend that you have Blogger publish it to your own server, but since you've already got traffic, don't mess with it. It's just that you have a lot more control and options when it's on your server. Keep in mind for future projects.

WebGeek182, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  6. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know there's more I can do if it's on my server - but it's not so that's why I'm asking about SEOing a Blogger Beta site specifically.

Technorati says I've got 263 sites linking to me and I know I'm indexed in the search engines. I'm just not getting and referrals from them!

By the way, any good bits of advice will be featured in a post on my site. And I'll post a link to your site on it if you wish. You can read more about this offer here.

I'm really desperate for help on this one.

Kumiko
    xo

kumiko83, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  7. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    You can, content optimization and link building may help your site be optimized.

boyponga, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  8. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    i m myself trying this out, the second link in my signature, couldnt think of any other topic that mite interest me, so just took this 1.

I m not gonna use my content, gonna take it from other sites and modify it, lets hope, i make it for this word.

protocol96, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  9. redQueen

redQueen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you've managed the link building part quite well especially if you have bee using some of your targeted keywords as part of anchor text, now you just have to do some content optimization, aside from playing your keywords around again in your posts, modify your template if you have to to suit some optimized content (meta if necessary, header tags, whatever).

redQueen, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  10. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So basically your blog says "Hello I'm Kumiko and I want to make money with this blog". :) You are quite pretty.. and that's a compliment because what I'm going to say it's not so great, you plan on making alot of money? I suggest bigger content or something, or I might visited your blog in a bad time.

Good luck in the future...

Scorpiono, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  11. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, you know that you can upgrade to get out of beta. I don't mean this could help in terms of SEO though looking at Google encourage bloggers to switch to the new version, it may indicate something more than the fact they want you to create Google account.

It's possible upgraded bloggers could get indexed better in the future. As for now, I really don't think there is a benefit but thought you might want to consider upgrading it in the future.

well, people can't find you if your rank is low at SERPs no matter how good keywords you have been promoting with. The statistics says that most people don't click on page 3 or deeper pages. So whenever you SEO to rank high in SERPs, you goal should be get in top 20 at least though with very competitive keywords top 30 is still good.

coolsitez, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  12. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see you are making lotta money! Congrats!

As long as you are making money and getting lotta hits, it shouldn't worry much if you get referrral from Google or not.

Besides since you are figuring a lot among the social network search, its good for you.

seo_expert, Feb 23, 2007 IP