1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with a 2200 person memberlist

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by askcybersteve, Feb 21, 2007.

Hey everyone,

I have a membership of approximately 2200 people in one of my sites. They are mainly webmasters and affiliates and i'm wondering if there is a way to monetize this list.

I send out a monthly newsletter to them just dealing with website news and stuff. Is there a way to maybe monetize this monthly newsletter???

any ideas

askcybersteve, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can promote other affiliate stuff in your newsletter. For example, you can sign up with the affiliate program at Hostgator, and add a banner or link to their affiliate program in one of your newsletters related to web hosting issues.

Another example of an affiliate program can be for Adsense Videos.

You can find a lot of other affiliate programs related to webmaster stuff.

Also, you can sell advertising space on your newsletter, maybe charge a fixed amount of $$ per user ($0.05 per user can earn you $100) from an advertiser, everytime you send the newsletter.

rosiee007, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. circuscircus

circuscircus Peon

Best Answers:
    Post the list up on your website for free and watch ppl come to ur site to grab it lol--watch ur adsense jump up for a few days

circuscircus, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  4. askcybersteve

askcybersteve Guest

Best Answers:
    lol well i wont be posting a copy of the memberlist, but your likely right about that traffic lol.

I'm just wondering what success people have had with email marketing to a list and which affiliate program would you think is the best for this list ?

askcybersteve, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have nearly 800 members on my site, aimed at website promotion etc. I use the newsletters to promote stuff, but don't do a hard sell and don't always try to get money out of them.. lol - they get sick of that pretty quick.

Maybe you would be interested in doing a bit of a cross promotion - ie, I send a newsletter with a bit of a plug for your site in it, and you do the same for my site?

Our newsletters go out once a week usually on Tuesday, evening or Wed morning.

scart3r, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  6. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should plug products and affiliate links to them about every week.

moneyspeaks, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  7. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on your disclosures when the users registered, selling the info (without selling the business as a whole) might not be possible. However, you could always sell a monthly mailing to interested parties.

exponent, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  8. askcybersteve

askcybersteve Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input and ideas guys. If anyone would like to pm me with any specific partnerships or offers I would be most interested.

askcybersteve, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  9. nizzam

nizzam Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have pm you steve...i hope you accept my offer...

about jv, if you have jv with top internet marketeer of even any product that would become popular, you can make money from that too..

Consider you are selling advertising space in your email newsletter. Your advertiser purchases some space in your newsletter.
    now imagine a list contains 2,200, with hungry prospects that match a key target market. That same advertiser buys space in the newsletter and because of the more precise targeting and confirmed email addresses on the list, generates a better response. The result - a happier advertiser who becomes a repeat buyer of adspace in your newsletter.

Some ideas:
    # Sell qualified leads from your "thank you page" after each subscriber joins your list… give them access to related email newsletters that you sell each subscription-lead for $1 or more per subscriber.

# Use them to build another asset you can sell, such as an email discussion list community, private membership site, any web 2.0 mashup community, etc.

# Create a private membership or premier list that you charge a premium for that includes secret or insider information never shared publicly via your free lead-generation ezine.

# Use your ezine to drive teleseminar/teleclass/telecourse revenues. Many are earning tens of thousands of dollars this way each year!

# License your content: Create sub-topical ezines that are co-branded and/or license your content out to companies who need to reach a target audience but don't have the expertise to write content for their email newsletters.

nizzam, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    devin likes this.