1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thankyou links added

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Ginene, Feb 21, 2007.

Have DP ever thought about adding the thank-you feature in the forum? This will show the poster who just wanted to say thanks without adding a reply if they didn't have anything to say but thanks. If someone wanted to thank the poster they just click the thank-you button and it will show at the bottom of their post.

Example of one. I dont know how to add it but I have seen it before.

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/t40844-fulltime-quality-assurance-editors-needed.html

Ginene, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could always just PM the user...

digitalpoint, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    Ginene likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Personally I don't like it when I've seen it used because the results are displayed and when people don't "thank you" it makes it seem as if your suggestions were rubbish.

Those who have used it have often left reputation in place, and then you don't know when to use which.

At dp we have
    • reputation which you can "sign" if you choose, and it contains a link back to the thread; and
    • thread ratings where you can rate an entire conversation
    Thread ratings aren't used alot, and it would seem unnecessary to add an additional level of recognition.

sarahk, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    Ginene and paidhosting like this.
  4. Ginene

Ginene Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. I do use the green ratings but it wont let me do it more than once if I gave them a rating before. I love DP and didn't want to bombard posts with Thanks so I normally dont say anything. But I will send a pm in the future. :)

Ginene, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Greens or reputations is really the best way to thank a person. You can just thank him at the exact post that he made. Also, you can leave your message as your comment.

jdR!pper, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can you have to spread the reputation around, meaning you must do others (not sex) , that is give atleast if i am correct 20 other users before you can give him reputation again.

Cheers

paidhosting, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    Ginene and jdR!pper like this.
  7. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree! Green rep is a good alternative to thank someone for his/her good suggestions/posts. :rolleyes:

Disguised, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  8. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i personally wouldn't thank everyone who made a good post, because if i did that i'd spend most of my time here giving greens. :)

devin, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    paidhosting and Ginene like this.
  9. soju

soju Peon

Best Answers:
    Pligg forums have that too. It's just an expansion (or a substitute) of reputation. Reputation will probably suffice. We probably don't need it, since it's just another bragging right. Looking at softgroups, a user with a quite a few blocks of rep, who is also banned for misconduct, I'd say bragging rights quotients aren't really all they are cracked up to be.

soju, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    Ginene likes this.