1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your articles could be stolen by this website - Check this website out

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by lfcfan, Feb 17, 2007.

1. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, getting a link from such blog is useless and also search engine may see my article as a duplicate one. I don't want that.

lfcfan, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  2. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have given him 2 days time to remove my posts. But he hasnt responded to my comments.

I am gonna take action against his blog or should I give more time for him?

lfcfan, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  3. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    From make-easy.com/?page_id=173:

"All posts are made automatically, using the Autoblog plugin by Elliott Back.

All credit goes to original posters.

Original authors retain their copyright material. If you own material represented here and do not want it displayed, write and we will be happy to promptly remove it."

But where is the e-mail address? I didn't find it.

Google AdSense Program Policies:
    "Website publishers may not display Google ads on web pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content."

Autoblogs seem like a gray area. They clearly display other people's content without prior permission, but I don't see where Google AdSense specifically bans them.

I gather you have tried leaving comments on your postings requesting that they be removed. My experience is not great with that. Have you e-mailed the blog owner at the e-mail address on his WHOIS record? I always worry that the e-mail address is old and they are not receiving the e-mails, but it is worth a try.

In terms of how long to wait, I guess it depends on how mad you are. I have read where others state in their e-mail to the publisher that they have 48 hours to remove the copyrighted content. Personally, I believe in using the minimum force necessary. With that in mind, I try to ratchet up the pressure over time. Remember, if you go after someone's Adsense account, they not likely to be pleased. The last thing you want is for him and all his friends to be click bombing your website. Something to consider...

RomanticGuy, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  4. fortgo

fortgo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ifcfan,

My look at things is completely different from yours than...
    And you are totally free to spend your time in useless fights.

For 1st thing - what I'd do in your case is taking off the RSS
    if there is such one on your blog.

For 2nd I'd write on the About us page that you DO NOT
    appreciate sharing your content, and will enforce copyright
    etc, and will do whatever it takes to have your written
    content used only by yourself.

This is and will be fighting with no glory though, and ultimately
    against your own interests, so very much.

Fortunately we live in a free world with everyone entitled to his
    own views, and I choose to share whatever of my content is
    found newsworthy for the others to use. After all the SE's will
    definitely NOT see MY OWN content as dupe, and if they do -
    so be it. I couldn't care less. I'd see it as a temporary and small
    price to pay in comparison to the gain of free advertisement for
    my name and sites.

The blog(s) with a PR 0 rank could be given a PR 4 or as PR 5
    by the next update, and one thing is for sure - with Google
    especially - one never knows which sites loose and which
    gain PR with their PR updates.

fortgo, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  5. RomanticGuy

Best Answers:
    I agree. You definitely have to consider if this is the best use of your time. I am fairly agressive about protecting my content, but they are my babies. :D
    If you are putting your full posting out on your feed, that is where your problem is (your oops). I would change your RSS feed to a short excerpt, forget about make-easy.com and move on.
    I would be diplomatic about it, but I think it is excellent advice to warn people that you intend to enforce your copyrights. Put a copyright statement in the footer with a link to the page. If someone lifts your content, you can provide a link to that page in your e-mail to them.

RomanticGuy, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  6. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to mail him, but his mail id is not working.

Fortgo, I cant really think like you, yes true.

This is not useless fight. I am not the one who is fighting. I have given many comments in his blog. But until now there is no response. I cant really encourage such acts.

So, I have decided to take action against him.

lfcfan, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  7. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seems this guy has a very catchy name:Kyriakos Kyriakou
    http://www.coolwhois.com/d/make-easy.com
    Just the fact that you know this might be enough to get him worried. I'd leave a few more comments on his blog along the lines of "Hello Kyriakos, I know who you are and so does my lawyer..." That should do the trick!

CountryBoy, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  8. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would go ahead and report him to Google.

The Stealthy One, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  9. ronaldec7

ronaldec7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new to all this. But if he is showing who actually wrote the piece and sends and link back to their site, maybe he has also worked a deal with that person.
    Who knows, no one, thats who. What if he is totally legal and gets banned based on phone calls from any of us. Don't call adsense, call the person that they are coping. Let them know whats going. Its their fight, not yours.:confused:

ronaldec7, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  10. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lfcfan knows because her content is on this site without her permission. A bone response if you don't mind me saying! Just because he links back doesn't make it any more acceptable - it's no different to stealing something from a shop but leaving it in the retailer's carrier bag so people know where it came from.

CountryBoy, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  11. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Well ya everybody copies from everybody on the net.. It's sad.. :(

KingofKings, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  12. geni

geni Peon

Best Answers:
    You don’t provide any evidence for your assertion.

The evidence in suggests that DMCA safe habour protects them and the very low level of copyvios protects them from a Napster style case. It also goes after copyvios rather more aggressively than flickr.

They tend to rank pretty well for recent music videos. The automatic monster for example. But given that lyric sites (heh there is a massive copyvio collection for you) have had years to establish themselves it is always going to be tricky to pass them.

We live in a world where having sex in front of a camera a reasonable amount of times makes you notable. Wikipedia includes notable things. Moral judgements and the like are not really Wikipedia’s turf. It would probably we worth someone’s while to make a kid safe fork at some point but so far no one has done it

Fortunately not a wikimedia project (wikipedia's search system sucketh) so not something I really care about. Should be noted that Jimbo hasn't be paid a penny by Wikipedia (other than perhaps some expenses).

geni, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  13. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is now closed. I feel bit bad, but I gave him many warnings.......

lfcfan, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  14. greenfish

greenfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find this general reaction amazing. If the articles retain original author bio then what could be the problem? We all use and reuse other peoples info. Of course he should get permission but to shut him down cause he didn't a bit much. I think in this "free" enterprise system you must give a little to get a little.

greenfish, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  15. RomanticGuy

Best Answers:
    I am curious what action you ended up taking? How long did it take before it took effect?

RomanticGuy, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  16. johnleemk

johnleemk Peon

Best Answers:
    greenfish:

Duplicate content hurts you in Google rankings. It can also harm your readers if you update your content but mirrors don't. Last but not least, you lose potential ad revenue when other people go to one of your mirrors instead of you.

As for Wikipedia, I'm an admin there, and I can assure you all that we take copyright violations very seriously. The only copyrighted material we ever use is material that we have permission for. If you guys ever notice copyrighted material on Wikipedia, shoot me a PM or (no kidding) just edit the article in question, blank it, and in your edit summary mention that it's a copyvio. That'll draw an admin's attention and the thing can be handled then without further effort on your part. Unlike with Google, it's easy to report copyvios. ;)

johnleemk, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  17. master_06

master_06 Peon

Best Answers:
    you've made the best point in this thread. i believe that copying without providing links is an illegal matter.;)

master_06, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  18. Litho

Litho Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, can you tell us what exactly (steps you took) that resulted in the site being banned?

Litho, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  19. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    1. I asked him to remove my posts from his blog. I think I left around 4-5 comments and waited for 4 days. In each comment i made him aware that if my posts are not removed, I would complain to adsense.

2. I got absolutely no response.

3. I tried to send a mail to him. But the email address in "who is" information is wrong. So I couldnt contact him by mail.

4. I gave a final warning by leaving a comment, and got no response again.

5. Just sent a mail to adsense saying that this guy is using a software which copies all my contents and also provided links of mine and his posts links. Also I wrote them that, I left him many comments to remove my posts, but got no response.

Thats all what I did. I sent this mail on monday I guess and by wednesday his site is closed.

lfcfan, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    RomanticGuy likes this.
  20. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like reporting the offender worked out.

The site is not longer alive.

Pat Gael, Feb 22, 2007 IP