1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Question - Don't Respond If You Don't Know your Sh!t

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nameonthecake, Feb 21, 2007.

Ok I have a website www.mydomain.com and I have hostgator as my hosting.

I can have an unlimited amount of domains. Each time I add a domain it creates a directory to that newly added domain.

Example:
    If I added Cellphones.com, hostgator would create a directory for this domain making it.... www.mydomain.com/cellphones

Now you can still get to the domain name at www.cellphones.com

Will hosting multiple domain names under one hosting account screw up my placement for these domains in anyway. Each domain name is a different targeted keyword.

Thanks

nameonthecake, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. NYDAz

NYDAz Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it will screw up your SERPs, focus just on ONE THING

NYDAz, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't respond if you don't know your stuff probably isn't the most pleasant way to ask for help...but I will offer my opinion anyway.

I have hosting via hostgator also and have created multiple domains in the same account. The new domains should not be in anyway harmed by having them all under one host.

It would be unreasonable to think that you would need a new webhost for each and every domain that you create. It is my understanding that each domain is seen on its own merit, not as an extension of your first domain name.

I have not seen any negative results in the search engines due to having the domains on the same host.

rdv817, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    KC TAN likes this.
  4. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rdv817 is right :)

Hosting of multiple domains under one webhost account do not have any negative effect in your SERP. All my websites are hosted under one account too :)

KC TAN, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  5. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    if you start interlinking domains for the shear affect of boosting your rankings in the serps then your not going to see much afffect since there all on the same server. keep that in mind as well.

manageyourlinks, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  6. timophy

timophy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also have a ton of domains hosted at hostgator. It will not affect the SERPs. There are 1000's of other domains hosted there also that are owned by others on shared hosted servers, those don't affect the good ones. The only way the SERPs would be affected is if you are interlinking all of the sites to each other from the same IP with no other inbound links from external sites. Google may see that as a link farm...

edit. manageyourlinks beat me to it.

timophy, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  7. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    One drawback is that all the sites will share a single IP address..

obenix, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  8. SmokeDog

SmokeDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I use HostGator... I have the same setup. Each account is given a seperate IP address on the same Class C Block. Sooooooo That means it will not have a negative impact on your rankings unless you link all of your sites together like a moron.

Nuff said

SmokeDog, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  9. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm just dumb, but I found that my addon domains were indexed faster. And they didn't suffer in the serps either.

MorgansMom, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  10. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is your answer, although I haven't read all the posts, I'll state my own..

Hosting multiple sites on the same hosting will not affect your SERPs, or have any negative results on the way they rank, get indexed etc..

It does have a big impact if you are linking one to each other, basically Google doesn't give to much weight on that linking, so promoting a new site of you yours by adding a link on your other, won't do pretty much.

Scorpiono, Feb 22, 2007 IP