1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earning 100 dollars a day or more from affiliate programs(actual guide inside)

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 1EightT, Feb 16, 2007.

1. visit_faraz

visit_faraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey,
    So do you mean that chasing long tail is useless and I should target the more competitive keywords. But, all the seo people talk about using long tail and find a niche where you can establish yourself so that we can rank higher in the search engines.
    Please explain a little more . I didnt understand properly.
    bye,
    faraz

visit_faraz, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    How's the IP address set-up on the servers, like IP address per site, or per server? Googles said they never ban IP addresses, but people have reported having there whole server banned via IP address from Microsofts search.

Nintendo, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Microsoft may ban via ip, but i've never seen yahoo or google do it. I have a bunch of ip's on my server, but the majority of my sites are on one or two of them. I've never had a problem with it.

1EightT, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    If so, I disagree with the advice. long tail words are far easier to rank for. You can target the more competative words, but it takes months or years to rank (if you ever rank)

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Long tail keywords are easier to rank for because they do not drive traffic and as such most businesses cannot survive on an occasional sale here and there. (if they did drive traffic then they would not be long tail) ;)

For the most part organic results will drive "research" minded visitors, but unless you specialize in information publishing and earning revenues through ad sale, this is not the best side to focus your business on, as it typically does not drive sales.

Thanks to spam and others with ideas like the OP, most consumers have learned to click ads in the paid results, as you will more often than not, be taken directly to what you want to purchase. In this day and age of instant satisfaction delaying a user by running them around in crap, will piss them off and make them despise you. Not a good model for repeat sales either. (Cost to acquire one new customer is 90% more expensive, than the cost to retain a current customer) Let the quality side guide your business.

And as such understanding the buy cycle, your product, inventory terms, seasonality issue, expenses both fixed and variable and profit margins are crucial.... and why it can be futile to strive for long tail keyword terms, and a waste of time, as development costs to produce the content and such for the pages to target the long tail keyword terms, may not see the ROI one had hoped.

There are a lot of shortcuts available....but often they lead you in a circle or have you running in place ....while the competition is moving strides ahead.

Sem-Advance, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I disagree, as do my earnings and sales. I'm not sure you understand the cloaking used in my equation. The users search for a product, we rank well for that product so they click on our link. Without ever loading our page, they are taken directly to the product they searched for. It's no different than ppc advertising that you have suggested (well besides the fact that it is free). On an average day I receive 70,000 hits and convert dozens of sales, all on long tail, low traffic keywords. I've done so for over two years so I also disagree that you can not sustain a business model based on this strategy.

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    You are entitled to disagree however I disagree that cloaking is a business model one should use.

You see you are very short term in your thinking..(as seen by your posts that true rankings take months and years)

McDonalds BurgerKing and 100,000s of offline businesses were not built for short term profit & sustainability. One builds a business for the long term and is seen time & time again those built in shortcuts do not last long.

You claim you have 70000 hits ...hits = shits my friend ...you see each page visit generates 10 to 50 hits or more...one visitor visiting 10 pages can generate 500 hits to your site.

So your 70,000 hits translates to 140 to 300 visitors a day...:eek:

I pull those numbers for my newly released sites.... from referrals off my other sites.

Also I am still waiting for the check images.

Screenshots of a payment screen in another program can be manipulated much to easy...

;)

8. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Again, you miss how cloaking works. A user never sees a single one of my pages. They are redirected before the page loads via header redirection. My 70K hits per day are all single unique hits, not page views. I know the difference ;).

Cj does direct deposit as i'm sure you are well aware. I've got nothing to hide. My customers back me up :)

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  9. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    By the way, i'm not telling people to use black hat seo and forget the fundamentals of business. Quite to the contrary. I use cloaking to supplement traffic and income to my sites while I am building my long term seo strategies. My house, my car, my business, none of it would exist if it weren't for cloaking mixed with long term business strategies. It's nice having a few thousand a month coming in when google decides to drop the rankings on one of your white hat sites for a couple months with no warning ;). Plan ahead.

You and I are preaching the same thing here, i'm just showing people that the picture is larger than white or black ;)

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I dont miss how cloaking works I was in url redirection a few years ago and to be honest any time you redirect a spider it is a bad thing...

smart cloakers move customers and not the spiders ;) check fantomaster for the real shebang.

I cannot imagine CJ is the only affiliate program you are using as any affiliate marketer knows you can shop around for better pay rates and also not every CJ program you run is a success. Claiming any thing else would be a down right BS as many of us know.

Now as for your knowing the difference between hits and pageviews I have some doubt

You see hits are counted for each item of your webpage. Each image is a hit, paragraph of text, web app, log in fields etc.

Pagweviews are counted in ones only.

Unique visitors and returning visitors are all that really matter anyway.

You may know the cloaking business somewhat..

I know internet marketing like a fool ;)

Peace

11. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    You define a paragraph of text and log in fields as separate hits and at the same time you tell him he doesn't know what it is? That's funny.

Icheb, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  12. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its a landing page that you dont see because ur redirectet at server level therefore no hits off images and so on come on guys get it together :)

tigrrra, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Picture??? Black & White ????

I got that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where is your black & white?

SEOLinker likes this.
  14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    WHo is moving or redirecting spiders? We redirect regular users, not search engine traffic.

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  15. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    Another point is that they also typically sell in lower volumes.

altyfc, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Huh??

You make no sense

You redirect the users but not search engine traffic??

how do you redirect users not from a search engine vs ones who are from a search engine??

17. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You redirect the users but not search engine traffic??

apache server that how :)

tigrrra, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  18. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    you want pictures of my 1099's for yahoo this year? Since we are pulling our dicks out I might as well join in. This is my personal ypn account and one for each of my two s corps.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    tigrrra likes this.
  19. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:

IP based cloaking works by determining if a visitor to a page is a search engine spider or regular user. If it is a search engine spider we show the contents of the cloaked page. If it is a regular user we redirect them wherever we want them to go. It's not that difficult to follow.

1EightT, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

I know all about IP detection and redirection ....but that is not what you said was happening.....

Your pictures could be anyones since they have no proof of ownership.:rolleyes:

And not to take anything away from you if those are truly yours congratulations on your success..

.just a little friendly advice, I never pull all of my aces out ;)