1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have been completely SCAMMED by Paypal.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by hitboy, Feb 19, 2007.

Ok here is the story.

Someone on dp was trying to sell me their vbulletin license so I sent the money etc.

After that it turned out to be his old partners license and was completly screw his partner.

Anyhow on to why paypal is completely scamming me.

First of all I made a buyer complaint because I didnt have a license nor anything. The seller obviously did not respond for 10 days and then I esclated it where as the agreement states with paypal after 10 days the buyer will be issued a refund.

After the second period of 10 days I got a messege saying refund is being issued. ( that was 3 days ago)

I didnt see the refund come in on my paypal account or my bank account so I checked the complaint again and it said " We have decided not to issue the refund (something on the lines of that) "

Yet I ahve been totally screwed I have no product and I dont even have my money even though the seller did not respond" What the F### complete crap.

What do you guys think I should do I will probably end up calling them but im currently on a business trip so that is not possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

hitboy, Feb 19, 2007 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trying to recover funds I lawfully won for 2 years. $175 to be exact. I would call paypal and complain. It doesnt hurt to try.

exponent, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  3. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its just stupid because paypal has the money or they are just letting the seller scam me lol

hitboy, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  4. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing happened to me, I sent money to someone for a digital product and the seller didn't give me anything. I asked my friend to refund and PayPal replied that "seller has delievered digital product". Hell with PayPal. PayPal sucks big times (Specially for me).

Disguised, Feb 20, 2007 IP
    Clive likes this.
  5. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well what i still think is stupid is the my seller didnt even respond to paypal lol yet they still dont want to give me a refund lol probably because the money is not in their hands

hitboy, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  6. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    let everyone tell about the seller ID on DP so that other members beware of such persons on DP.

Hope then that person will give you product link.

ebiztrendz.com, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  7. bestnaughtydeals

bestnaughtydeals Guest

Best Answers:
    I lost 800+ euro in a deal that way. If they empty their paypal account before the refund is given well then you get whatever is left in their account. Which for me was 5 bucks. :(

Paypal refuses to give you contact information on the person due to their 'privacy policy' so basically they are supporting the scammers.

I'll never do large payments through paypal again.

Sometimes you just have to live and learn. :/

bestnaughtydeals, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  8. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm see this is why there are sites like paypalsucks.com lol because they outright scam you when they dont want to give you any money. I have had problems in the past with paypal yet never this ridiculas.

If I must I will contact paypal's managers or whoever as high as I can go its not about the money that bothers me its just the principle. They are helping scammers yet they refuse to help the people that are getting scammed

hitboy, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  9. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what i got from paypal as a response omg im pissed: Should I consider doing a chargeback?

We have concluded our investigation into the following case:

Case ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Transaction Date: xxxxxx
    Transaction Amount: -$xxxx USD
    Seller's Email: xxxxxxxxx
    Seller's Name: xxxxxxxxxx

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but
    regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the
    seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds
    associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this
    situation may have caused. Please know that we will make our best effort to
    recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's
    account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller.
    Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or
    terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors
    to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to
    privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope
    you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using
    PayPal.

To ensure that future transactions proceed smoothly, we recommend that you
    review these Security Tips:

http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/gen/fraud-tips-buyers-outside

Sincerely,
    Angie
    Protection Services Department

hitboy, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  10. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    You weren't scammed by PayPal, you were scammed by the seller and PayPal is stuck in the middle. If you were buying a VB license I suspect the transaction was about $100 or less so paypal figures it's not worth their time or expense to do a chargeback (assuming the seller was verified.) Did you send $ to a non verified account?
    Who is the DP member? Can DP help you identify the DP member? What country is he in?

It's ironic that we have posts like your's in this forum along side posters, both in and out of Paypals list of supported countries, who want to use fake info or VCC cards to get verified. Paypal, who at least tries to protect the buyer gets villified while Moneybookers and others where "all sales final/buyer beware" are praised.

tobycoke, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  11. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    His user name is eWEEK on digitalpoint but I he stopped using it if anyone can help me in any way that would be great I can provide proof with pms and etc... Thanks

hitboy, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  12. mypapit

mypapit Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the first time I heard this case happens to a paypal account, usually I heard that paypal was so quick to issue a chargeback on non-delivery from users (whether he is a scammers or not)

mypapit, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  13. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    This email is sent when the buyer wins the claim BUT seller hasnt enough funds in his account. So, like you sent $100 and seller had an egg. Now, you wont get anything.

Not a PayPal scam but they behave like just they dont want to care or they have no relation wiuth the transaction or money.
    I dont like that way. Same has happened with me 2 times. Luckily, I won 1 claim of $xxx and lost another one of $10-$15

inworx, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  14. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its just stupid the way they are doing it if I wanted to use an unsecure transaction I would be using e-gold and western union lol Paypal has to do with bank accounts and credit cards yet they cant do anything to scammers thats just stupid.. lol FBI shouldnt be looking into e-gold they should be looking into paypal...

hitboy, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  15. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only transactions involving physical goods are protected by paypal.

agnivo007, Feb 23, 2007 IP
    Clive likes this.
  16. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree... If a DP member scams you... People should let us know "who" they were. Mabye we should have a section where it shows all the "banned" DP members.

Cal813, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  17. adam2000

adam2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out:

https://www.escrow.com

....but I think a potential downside with this solution is that both buyer and seller must be US residents.

adam2000, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  18. thetruth

thetruth Peon

Best Answers:
    Pyapal is bad news. They can't seem to run a business that
    treats either side right. Just plain ignorant company also.

thetruth, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  19. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    How about quit relying on paypal!

LegendaryPosting, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if there were less people trying to sign up with paypal with fake details and with VCC, the problem would have easily be minimized. The trouble is that people who does this can easily get away with anything.

Don't rely on Paypal too much until these people have been flushed out of the system.

Paypal just earns a small fee through transaction and if they are held accountable for all the funds which flows in and out of their system, they will closed long ago. The Seller is at the wrong.

The thing is that people complained that 2Checkout is too proactive is contacting the buyer to determine if they made the purchase and said that is plain wrong. Paypal does not go to that extend and you blame it for not protecting you. So what do you really want ? Just when you deal with anyone over the web, you just have to take a level of risk and do your due diligence when you suspect something or the amount transacted is a big amount.

If you keep all paypal transactions to below $100 or $50, you will minimize your risk. Never trust another person unless you know them if they are eager to deal especially with anything over $1000 or whatever your treshold for risk is.

eddy2099, Mar 23, 2007 IP