1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Html Encryption

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by htmlblock, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    get your pages protected with HTML encryption

what do you think

http://www.htmlblock.co.uk
    :)

htmlblock, May 3, 2005 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I think if the user has java script off, it makes your site useless.

Don't bots ignore the script? So wouldn't they get nothing?

If it works off of the user agent to show the bots the code, user agents can be easily faked, so the software may be useless?

noppid, May 3, 2005 IP
  3. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you an example of an encrypted page?

norfstar, May 3, 2005 IP
  4. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many tools out there to break the encryption. If try to protect your html it only makes people want to steal it more.
    Why don't you use the encryption on your website by the way? :confused:

kyle422, May 3, 2005 IP
  5. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no such thing as "HTML encryption" :D If JS on the page can decrypt the HTML content, then anyone else can. There's no need to break anything. For example, in FF, open DOM inspector, point to the HTML node and right-mouse click on Copy XML. Then paste your "encrypted HTML" into any text editor.

Also, as noppid said, this script will prevent some users from viewing your site and will certainly prevent SE's from indexing the page.

J.D

J.D., May 3, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I think it's worth it. ;)

Crazy_Rob, May 3, 2005 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow I knew by the title it was going to be a post and run...

debunked, May 3, 2005 IP
  8. htmlblock

htmlblock Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope not a post and run lol :) Well thank you for all your replys well I see from the comments you think you can get the code even if it has been encrypted so try it from this url and if you get the code (IF YOU DO) post it, not convinced that you will though

well first you need to install this plugin for the page to load :(
    http://htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip]Downlaod Plugin

Once you have installed it heres the page to try and get the code from :)

http://htmlblock.co.uk/protect.htm]GET THIS PAGES SOURCE CODE GOOD LUCK !

Well I'll wait until someone posts the code now, well now we are all going to learn that that is a TRUE way of protecting your code and images on your site!

:rolleyes:

htmlblock, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  9. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you show everybody that you use your own product and encrypt *all* pages at htmlblock.co.uk? :D

J.D.

J.D., Jun 6, 2005 IP
  10. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Yep, people have a 3 second attention span. I'm sure they'll take the time to install a plugin. :/

Not an option for us. Thanks.

noppid, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  11. markkk

markkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you encrypt your HTML page, SE will read and index the page as encrypted too.

markkk, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  12. SirNot

SirNot Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to bring up such an age old topic, but I was googling around for htmlblock examles and came across this. Well, it was too good a chance to miss ;-)

htmlblock: Your encryption system is a bit on the useless side actually, I managed to extract the pure html coding with only minimal difficulty:

<? ob_start(); ?> <!--hppage status="protected"--> <!--Copyright www.htmlblock.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.--> <!--Source code not available.--> <html> <HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"> <head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="No-Cache"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="No-Cache,Must-Revalidate,No-Store"><META NAME="Robots" CONTENT="NoIndex"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0"><META HTTP-EQUIV="ImageToolbar" CONTENT="No"><META NAME="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" CONTENT="True"> <title>htmlblock.co.uk / Protected Page</title> <style media="screen" type="text/css"><!-- #loading { color: black; font-size: 11px; font-family: System; background-color: #c9c9c9; padding: 2px; border: ridge medium white; position: absolute; z-index: 1; top: 200px; left: 200px; width: 423px; visibility: hidden } .title { color: white; font-size: 11px; font-family: System } --> </style> <DIV style="visibility: hidden position:absolute; width:0px; height0px"> <layer> <A HREF="http://www.digitalworkshop.com"></a> </layer> </Div> </head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" bgcolor="#000000" onload="setTimeout('showBox()', 2000);"> <EMBED SRC="Untitled1.ilm" BGCOLOUR=0 TYPE=application/x-Illuminatus-opus NAME=ilm BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=NO HEIGHT=100% WIDTH=100%> </body></BODY> </html>

Code (markup):
    And if you want to see the javascript after it was decrypted/decoded/whatever:

<? ob_start(); ?>
    <!--hppage status="protected"-->
    <!--Copyright www.htmlblock.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.-->
    <!--Source code not available.-->

<html>
    <HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    hp_ok=true;function hp_d01(s){if(!hp_ok)return;var o="",ar=new Array(),os="",ic=0;
    for(i=0;i<s.length;i++){c=s.charCodeAt(i);if(c<128)c=c^2;os+=String.fromCharCode(c);if(os.length>80){ar[ic++]=os;os="";}}o=ar.join("")+os;document.write(o);}</SCRIPT><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!-- function hp_ne(){return true}onerror=hp_ne;function hp_dn(a){return false}function hp_cm(){return false}function hp_de(e){return(e.target.tagName!=null&&e.target.tagName.search('^(INPUT|TEXTAREA|BUTTON|SELECT)$')!=-1)};function hp_md(e){mac=navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac')!=-1;if(document.all){if(event.button==2||(mac&&(event.ctrlKey||event.keyCode==91))){return(false)}}else{if(e.which==3||(mac&&(e.modifiers==2||e.ctrlKey))){return false}else if(e.which==1){window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEMOVE);window.onmousemove=hp_dn}}}function hp_mu(e){if(e.which==1){window.releaseEvents(Event.MOUSEMOVE);window.onmousemove=null}}if(navigator.appName.indexOf('Internet Explorer')==-1||(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE')!=-1&&document.all.length!=0)){if(document.all){mac=navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac')!=-1;version=parseFloat('0'+navigator.userAgent.substr(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE')+5),10);if(!mac&&version>4){document.oncontextmenu=hp_cm}else{document.onmousedown=hp_md;document.onkeydown=hp_md;}document.onselectstart=hp_dn}else if(document.layers){window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN|Event.modifiers|Event.KEYDOWN|Event.MOUSEUP);window.onmousedown=hp_md;window.onkeydown=hp_md;window.onmouseup=hp_mu}else if(document.getElementById&&!document.all){document.oncontextmenu=hp_cm;document.onmousedown=hp_de}}if(window.location.href.substring(0,4)=="file")window.location="about:blank";function hp_nls(){window.status="";setTimeout("hp_nls()",10)}hp_nls();function hp_dp1(){for(i=0;i<document.all.length;i++){if(document.all[i].style.visibility!="hidden"){document.all[i].style.visibility="hidden";document.all[i].id="hp_id"}}};function hp_dp2(){for(i=0;i<document.all.length;i++){if(document.all[i].id=="hp_id")document.all[i].style.visibility=""}};window.onbeforeprint=hp_dp1;window.onafterprint=hp_dp2;document.write('<style type="text/css" media="print"><!--body{display:none}--></style>');function hp_dc(){hp_ta.createTextRange().execCommand("Copy");setTimeout("hp_dc()",300)}if(navigator.appName.indexOf('Internet Explorer')==-1||(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE')!=-1&&document.all.length!=0)){if(document.all&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')==-1){document.write('<div style="position:absolute;left:-1000px;top:-1000px"><input type="textarea" name="hp_ta" value=" " style="visibility:hidden"></div>');hp_dc()}}function hp_ndd(){return false}document.ondragstart=hp_ndd;if(navigator.appName.indexOf('Internet Explorer')!=-1&&(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE')==-1||document.all.length==0))hp_ok=false;if(document.all)document.write('<link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="hp_null.css">');if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')!=-1)window.location="about:blank";if(frames){if(top.frames.length>0)top.location.href=self.location;}//--></SCRIPT><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="No-Cache"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="No-Cache,Must-Revalidate,No-Store"><META NAME="Robots" CONTENT="NoIndex"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0"><META HTTP-EQUIV="ImageToolbar" CONTENT="No"><META NAME="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" CONTENT="True"> <title>htmlblock.co.uk / Protected Page</title> <style media="screen" type="text/css"><!-- #loading { color: black; font-size: 11px; font-family: System; background-color: #c9c9c9; padding: 2px; border: ridge medium white; position: absolute; z-index: 1; top: 200px; left: 200px; width: 423px; visibility: hidden } .title { color: white; font-size: 11px; font-family: System } --> </style> <DIV style="visibility: hidden position:absolute; width:0px; height0px"> <layer> <A HREF="http://www.digitalworkshop.com"></a> </layer> </Div> <script language="JavaScript"> <!-- function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) { document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }} else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload(); } MM_reloadPage(true); // --> </script> </head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" bgcolor="#000000" onload="setTimeout('showBox()', 2000);"> <script language="JavaScript"><!-- var sp_docObj; var sp_Top; var sp_Left; var sp_High; var sp_Wide; var sp_see; var sp_dontSee; if (document.all) { sp_docObj = 'document.all'; sp_Top = '.style.top'; sp_Left = '.style.left'; sp_High = '.style.pixelHeight'; sp_Wide = '.style.pixelWidth'; sp_see = '.style.visibility = "visible"'; sp_dontSee = '.style.visibility = "hidden"'; sp_bgCol = '.style.backgroundColor'; sp_txtCol = '.style.color'; } else { sp_docObj = 'document.layers'; sp_Top = '.top'; sp_Left = '.left'; sp_High = '.clip.height'; sp_Wide = '.clip.width'; sp_see = '.visibility = "show"'; sp_dontSee = '.visibility = "hide"'; sp_bgCol = '.bgColor'; } function showBox() { eval('(' + sp_docObj + '["loading"]' + sp_see + ')'); } function seeDontSee(layerName,vis) { if (vis == "see") { eval('(' + sp_docObj + '["' + layerName + '"]' + sp_see + ')'); } else { eval('(' + sp_docObj + '["' + layerName + '"]' + sp_dontSee + ')'); } } browser="Netscape" if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") { var r=navigator.userAgent.search("Opera") if(r!=-1){ browser="Opera" } else { browser="IE" } } if(browser!="IE") { // Netscape version document.write("<EMBED SRC=\"Untitled1.ilm\" "); document.write("BGCOLOUR=0 TYPE=application/x-Illuminatus-opus NAME=ilm "); document.write("BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=NO HEIGHT=100% WIDTH=100%>"); } else { // Internet Explorer version ---------------------------------------------------------- document.write(" <OBJECT id=ilm"); document.write(" classid=CLSID:28AF57CC-DD0B-4166-92C3-5F8F7F8C8ABA"); document.write(" standby=Loading Untitled "); document.write(" codebase=http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip/ilm500.cab#Version=5,0,0,44"); document.write(" align=middle border=0 "); document.write(" width=100% height=100%>" ); document.write(" <param name=ILMFILE value=\"Untitled1.ilm\">"); document.write(" <param name=BGCOLOUR value=0>"); document.write(" <param name=PLUGINPATH value=\"http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip\">"); document.write(" <param name=MINWIDTH VALUE=\"800\">"); document.write(" <param name=MINHEIGHT VALUE=\"600\">"); document.write(" </object>" ); while (document.ilm == false) {} setTimeout("seeDontSee('loading','hide')",3000) } // --> if(browser=="IE") { document.write("<div id=\"loading\">"); document.write("<table border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"2\" cellspacing=\"0\" width=\"413\">"); document.write("<tr>"); document.write("<td bgcolor=\"#006092\"><font color=\"white\"><span class=\"title\">Downloading the iO Streaming Web Plugin</span></font></td>"); document.write("</tr>"); document.write("</table>"); document.write("<p>Please wait while the iO Streaming Web Plugin loads...</p>"); document.write("<p>If the plugin does not automatically download, please visit this URL to manually download it:</p>"); document.write("<p><a href=\"http://www.digitalworkshop.com/OpusPlugins/download.shtml\">http://www.digitalworkshop.com/OpusPlugins/download.shtml</a><br>"); document.write("<br>"); document.write("</p>"); document.write("</div>"); } </script> </body></BODY>

</html>

Code (markup):

SirNot, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  13. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you ran his executable on a test machine. You never know what those things have inside ;)

J.D.

J.D., Jul 13, 2005 IP
  14. SirNot

SirNot Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually didn't need to run the executable at all; I just used his preview.htm page as a test. Even so, I did try it out and it's only a IE front-end that displays certain pages of their website. Thanks for your concern, though :).

SirNot, Jul 13, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.