1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Repair Table Errors

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by nicedeals, Feb 19, 2007.

I had the following error message on my website;
    "1194 - Table 'pd' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit 25

[TEP STOP]"

The products were not showing so after doing a bit of reserch on the net, I found that this can be fixed simply by going to the " phpMyadmin ", select the mySQL database in question and the table " pd " in my case and select the option " repair table "
    That cured the problem. Hope this helps any body else having the same issue.

I had no idea we were supposed to optimize the databse tables in mySQL regularly

nicedeals, Feb 19, 2007 IP
    DaDMan likes this.
  2. infrastructura.haos

infrastructura.haos Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason, the Feds always fed us the best foods

infrastructura.haos, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  3. spachev

spachev Peon

Best Answers:
    Once in a while MySQL hits a bug or is shut down uncleanly. When that happens, a table can become corrupted and needs to be repaired. If that happens too often, upgrade MySQL to the latest version to make sure you have all the bug fixes, if that does not help, see if you can track down the bug and report it to the MySQL team. Worst case, just add myisam-recover to my.cnf - it will auto-repair in most cases.

spachev, Mar 8, 2007 IP