1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense referrals: sign-ups to conversions rate

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by siraxi, Feb 19, 2007.

Hi

Could anyone estimate the average sign-ups to conversions rate? I'm referring people signing up to Adsense and earning more than $100 within 180 days of sign-up.

For instance, if someone referred 10 persons to Adsense per month, how many of these would reach the $100 limit in the first 180 days, on the average?

In this case, in order to be awarded the $2000 bonus for 25 conversions in 6 months, sign-ups to conversions rate should be on the average at least 42%, which is quite high and improbable.

Anyway, I would appreciate your comments on that.

siraxi, Feb 19, 2007 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  2. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, to be very frank. Conversion rate is very low. I am doing adsense for 1.5 years or bit more, I hardly get 3-4 conversions. (Though my focus is not on these referrals)

I am into web design and development, so many times I educate my clients on adsense and suggest them to signup. Then I give my referral ads to sign up. I did it for 5-6 times, earned good $$.

But getting conversions like site visitor clicks regular adsense ads is very difficult..... quite low rate.

Mr_Kumar, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  3. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answer. I was thinking too that it would be low, actually the very bonus policy Google adopted recently about referrals tells a lot about it.

Probably Google noticed that those advertisers who manage to earn >$100 in the first three months are serious advertisers with an important earning potential, therefore allowing it to offer a lot of money the $250 bonus for each such conversion referral.
    But on the other hand, as these conversions are few, Google thought stimulating publishers to refer people to Adsense for $5, which are likely to be earned by absolutely anyone within those first 180 days (less than a $0.03 click per day).

Could you estimate how low is the conversion rate? (excluding clients which you specifically educated to start up with Adsense). How many sign-ups were there for those 3-4 conversions?

siraxi, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  4. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, I don't think I earned single penny from those sign-ups. :( They signed up before $5 offer of google.

But One fact about me. I have not placed adsense referrals on many place. I prefer text and image ads most. Rest is not worth giving space to them.

And I earn from my clients sign-ups because I use to manage their account on revenue share basis. So the sum reached more than $100 in my cleints accounts.

Mr_Kumar, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  5. shaftshaker

shaftshaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had many sign ups but not one payment.....

Maybe they need to increase the time given to new sign ups to 180 months!!

shaftshaker, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  6. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? if money doesn't stimulate them to work, what does?

siraxi, Feb 19, 2007 IP