1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone heard of...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ehenderson, Jul 12, 2005.

Would it be improper to ask about a specific SEO company here and what your impressions of that company are? good results, bad results, have heard bad things about them etc.

We have been burned by a couple of SEO firms and would like some advice on picking a good one. Everytime I talk directly to a firm I get the same 'Ol BS, and would apreciate some unbias information.

ehenderson, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably ok. Also, there are a few members here that do SEO, such as SEBAsic.

exam, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  3. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    What does anyone know about Zunch?

4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know their home page is not optimized ;)

NewComputer, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a bad sign :)

exam, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's good to ask, but be prepared to read between the lines. For legal reasons most people may not tell you exactly what they think.

I have just checked the adsense results from this page and there is for example one company in there that is famous for ripping people off (no, not seoinc :) ).

So if you asked about it specifically, all I would probably say publically is something to the extent that I would not use them :)

Blogmaster, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  7. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    In what way is the Zunch site not optimized? It looks pretty good to me. Plus a PR of 7 isn't bad. Who would you recommend in their place and why? Any comments would be apreciated, thanks

8. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    EHenderson, if you want the truth, most people on this board are better equipped to help you than that company. Many people here spend a massive amount of more hours reading and staying at the front of the game then any company. The moment you say PR7 isn't bad makes me think they have another sucker, hook, line and sinker. If PR7 is what you are valuing good SEO on, you may want to contact Ebay or Amazon to do your SEO for you ;)

Read these boards, check out a few of the other 'recommended' boards (SEO Chat, Search Engine Watch, Sitepoint) and read. Keep reading and asking and reading and asking.

9. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're better equiped to help than please do so. You sound a lot like the dozens of SEO companies I've talked to, all talk, no results, keep everything close to your vest, overpromise underdeliver and act like you know what your talking about without saying anything and then turn and walk away.

Read, keep reading and asking is what I'm doing. If you have anything besides hollow generalizations to make about the company in question I'm open. And no, I don't base good SEO on PR alone if you actually read what I wrote, I was asking what was the basis for the reply.

10. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Wow, for someone looking for help, you are pretty aggressive. You asked about Zunch, I gave you answers. You have not mentioned your website at all, so how would someone help you? You should take a step back and think before you speak. It will lend itself to moving you forward with 'free' advice online...

PS: Please show me where I claimed to be an SEO Expert or an SEO Company?

11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Exactly, it is such a give away that the potential client has no idea what is going on and almost an invitation to be screwed over. But from the attitude displayed here, that may be exactly what the person asking deserves. No appreciation for honest advice and rather demanding specific answers without giving any details.

Good luck, you'll need it!

12. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Thanks for backing me Site,

I think maybe this person works for the company they mentioned. I wasn't sure if I had said something that was out of line, but I didn't think so. Anyways, there is a sucker born every minute. They read one thing online and that is how they research, with no interest in listening to anyone else. This person obviously holds PR highly... sorry to hear that.

13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    This might be the case, because he started getting offended and praising them as soon as you've pointed out flaws within their own site.

maybe the spammers are getting smarter when it comes to disguising themselves. :)

Either way, his conduct in here made no sense.

14. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Well no need to come in here and ask for help and be that way. I'd put you two up to them any ole day.

Shannon

Smyrl, Jul 12, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  15. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shannon,

I assume by his absense that my theory was correct, he may in fact be the owner of said site and could not handle the truth...

Blogmaster likes this.
  16. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Must admit I thought his question a bit strange.
    All SEOs/SEMs talk the same rhetoric - IBL's, onpage Optimization, meta tags, IBL's, IBL's, IBL's, IBL's.
    Perhaps when he keeps hearing the same thing from different companies there might be a reason for it (other than BS) :D

jlawrence, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  17. niche4u

niche4u Member

Best Answers:
    who can tell me some secret about SEO? i'm always feeling its mysterous!

niche4u, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  18. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    It is... so why would we tell ;)

NewComputer, Jul 13, 2005 IP
    SEbasic likes this.
  19. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    New Computer...No, I haven't gone I simply have a lot of work to do. No, I don't work for Zunch. And when someone calls you a sucker you can expect a little aggression.

I asked "In what way is the Zunch site not optimized" You gave no answer.
    I asked "who would you recomemd and why" you gave no answer
    I said "a pr of 7 isn't bad" which it isn't. period. I made no other inference

I run 6 sites 3 of which are page 1 or 2 on G, 1,2,4,5 on Yahoo and 1,2,3,4,5,8 on MSN for our top 2 keywords. My boss asked me to do some research on Zunch which I have and also thought this might be a good place to get some honest feedback. Am I wrong?

A sucker would give this company their money without doing what I am doing right now, asking questions about them from people who know more about SEO than I do, I mean this is an SEO forum right?

ehenderson, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I would not limit my options to Zunch. First of all, what is your business about (what industry).

Blogmaster, Jul 13, 2005 IP