1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to check if a niche pays well?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by amoeba22, Feb 17, 2007.

I want to build an info site, but I'm unsure which niche to pick. is there a way to check which niche adsense ads pay well on?

amoeba22, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  2. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Pick something that actually interests you and you know something about the topic.

Reprobate, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  3. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This will allow you to write with passion and will be unique.

qwestcommunications, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  4. vatu

vatu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Reprobate is right

vatu, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  5. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    There are TONS of great niches (in terms of money) - from Hoodia to online PhD Degrees. Go read sites like NicheGeek, for crying out loud. This information is totally free and readily available.

However - NICHE IS NOT THE ONLY KEY. You need to be able to get TARGETED TRAFFIC. If you pick a great niche, but can't get any traffic or get sucky traffic from China, you'll never make a dime.

YokoOno, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  6. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think passion has anything to do with profit...I always love when I see people telling others to do what they know and love. I think most people need to make money 1st, then have fun. Yeah if you can do both, great, but fun as the first order of business...I dont get that-

Choose a niche that makes sense (and dollars)

1) large enough to generate traffic
    2) competition *(yes, some is good, saturation is bad)
    3) Test to confirm, and never assume ANYTHING. Never assume overture is giving you perfect stats...never assume Wordtracker is giving you good stats..

Why?>
    Because they DONT give 100% accurate stats, for a variety of reasons. And the pros who know, test this and make their OWN stats..

Best wishes for PROFIT, and THEN fun!
    Brian

BrianJump, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  7. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you should pick a niche that you know most about.
    Also I niche that you are really into.... so you can give it all your heart when your working on it...

KingofKings, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  8. EmmSee

EmmSee Peon

Best Answers:
    EmmSee, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  9. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    You will never really know, only if you build a website about it get some traffic and see. Some keywords used to pay well before everyone was using them on their website. e.x mesothelioma, credit card report, yahoo domain registration...

adigital, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  10. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Don't ever start a site around money. Start it around a subject you love. If you truly love the subject, the money will follow. :)

The Stealthy One, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  11. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah.. decide what you'd like to make a site about. then see if you can make a good site. if you can then see if there is money in it.

You can get an adwords account and test to see what ads will cost, this will give you a good idea what you will get per click from adsense.

Then decide weather or not you wanna do it. :)

Motter, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  12. archiz

archiz Peon

Best Answers:
    it's really hard to say which one is well paid since it will change after many people choosing it. so as above said, choose the one you have passion to continue.

archiz, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  13. BIG Mike

BIG Mike Peon

Best Answers:
    Researching a niche carefully, test marketing it with targeted traffic and then planning a final deployment and maintenance of it is always the best way to go. How much the actual payout will be varies over a significant number of factors, so each publisher needs to test this for themselves.

Testing and analyzing the results with a “Mini Site” is always more reliable than spending a major amount of time, effort and money (if you outsource) only to find the niche you’re working in wasn’t worth the effort.

Incidentally, if you’re not building VRE (Virtual Real Estate with a portfolio of Adsense sites) then choosing a topic that interests you and monetizing it with Adsense is an excellent choice. You’ll work harder on it, you’ll be more creative and won’t be bogged down in the management of multiple sites.

BIG Mike, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  14. Accelerated Media

Accelerated Media Banned

Best Answers:
    It's not the niche that "pays well", it's your understanding of the economics of that market field, and how you can play it. You can turn anything into something that generates profit with the right knowhow and perseverance.

Accelerated Media, Feb 21, 2007 IP