1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make money from a directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Paul8368, Feb 16, 2007.

Hi all,

How much is a directory worth and can it make money.

I bought one having been told its worth about £200, I now think I wasted my money and would like to get some benefit out of it.

Are they worth having?

If yes why and how can I use it to my benefit?

Part of the problem I think could be the URL which doesn't really fully reflect the content.

Paul
    paul@eroticdirectorysite.com

Paul8368, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  2. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely you can make money from a directory.Actually many people make $1k+ monthly from their directories

jetbrains, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  3. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    your domain (as from email) says its an adult directory (hey, theres a big market for them)...you need to be creative and promote well.

agnivo007, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  4. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to know whether if you waisted your money or not since we have no clue what url it is (eroticdirectorysite.com?). The thing about a directory or any other site in particular is that, it will need work, lots of it. The idea that you purchase this and all of a sudden $$$ flows to you, the reality is that it wont happen now or tommorow and you probably wont even see any good money within a year, this offcourse i'm sure depends on your motivation, dedication, commitment etc,.

Some guys here like Mystikmedia and Aviva aren't sitting around waiting for a paid submittions to come by, they are constantly promoting and spending money so that the time and money they have spent will pay off even more in the long run.

You have to have a pretty good reason to want to buy what you bought, stick to the original thoughts that you had and make improvements.

wwws, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  5. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There have definately been a good few adult directories springing up over the last couple of months - in fact i've started one of my own. What you also need to realise in terms of adult directories is the potential for affiliate earning. As with any type of directory though, advertising in the right places and building backlinks is a must... you can't expect to purchase a site, do nothing and for it to make money. You'll still need to put time and effort (and possibly even more money) into improving and promoting your site. Best of luck!

sabian1982, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  6. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can, but you need to put time and effort into it too make it quality so people buy more links from you.

smub, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  7. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can make a lot of money from your directories. You have to be a bit creative for driving maximum income out of it. Infact directories are not only for selling links, there are tons of ways to drive income from directories. You have to research and look around people here and see how they make income.

aditya_sfs, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I make maybe 10 - 20 bucks like every year from directory :)

paidhosting, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can make money from just about anything. But with all things, what you put in, is generally equal to what you get out, or less in some cases.

If you put the time into it, both promoting and actually maintaining it, yes you can make money from it.

Mia, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile and WhatiFind like this.
  10. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you most likely get back the money if you constantly maintain and update it. You got to spend $$$ to promote it too.

>> i have not yet recovered part of my money spent on my directory yet. But hey, i'm not complainining.

toby, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.