1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

f***ing Google!!! -anyone know of an email or phone to contact them

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by lucidly.com, Feb 13, 2007.

1. sjk.root

sjk.root Peon

Best Answers:
    quality over quantity?

sjk.root, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. sjk.root

sjk.root Peon

Best Answers:
    or quantity over quality?

sjk.root, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Not really, few people are really smart and few try to be smart.. OWG falls in Category one..

The Webmaster, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  4. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    The smart people on this forum are the ones who don't rely only on adsense....
    DD

DomainDomain, Feb 15, 2007 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  5. seckin

seckin Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, what should be the safe distance between the Google ads and images? For example, ads+a few lines of text+an image is ok or not? Many people including me have images on the same page with the ads, but would that really be pushing the TOS unless the ads and images are adjacent?

seckin, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:

Thanks webby :)

It is a shame that some people react like this. :(

Let me say something to those of you who rely on your adsense earnings though. Take a look at some of the 'Google banned me' threads and learn from them.

There is a saying in the UK (and posibly worldwide) that says " prevention is better than cure" What is the best, carrying around anti venom whilst pulling the tails of the snake for fun. or finding the fun elsewhere rather than playing with venemous snakes. Of course if you MUST come into contact with the snakes, I am sure you will ensure you gain the knowledge to minimise the result of coming into contact, and when you Do come into contact, it is on your terms.

The same is true of business.

Sun Tzu said " to defeat your enemy you must first understand your enemey" Translated this means, learn the rules before you go into a fight, and know who your fighting.

In most cases, the people who get your account closed are people YOU KNOW! Friends and family 'doing you a favour' by clicking on the odd advert. you MUST tell people you know NOT to click on the ads to help you as it will get you banned.This is the sort of unnatural click pattern that Google talks about. Hell I have clicked on my own ads before now in error, but when you are getting 1000,s per day the odd mistaken click is irrelevant. When you are getting 10 a day and one of them is yours, then it becomes obvious something is wrong.

Why did I click on an advert? because i was on my rugby forum, had a few beers, saw an advert for discounted kids rugby kit (I coach the under 8's and 9's) so I clicked it and bought a load. it was STILL wrong of course, but I didn't think until after I had clicked on it.

I can assure you all I was not trying to be smart,in fact I have said many times just how much power some people have on forums. People who have repected rep are respected, some abuse it, while others consider the repercussions of their actions further. The advice that we give on forums affects the LIVES of some people. People come to forums and ask advice, we give it.

When yuou consider the effect giving bad advice can have. $10 a day mis nothing to me, but it could feed house and clothe a family in some areas of the world.

That is a LOT of pressure to consider when giving advice to people :(

Sorry for the rant, but some things stick in the throat.

P.S. Smart people wouldn't have bothered replying to a thread as aggresively titled as this, but then again sometimes we try to do the right thing DESPITE what has happened. That is what sorts out the wheat from the chaff. :)

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  7. moneywatch

moneywatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. I had few thousands valid clicks for 2 months and then one day I received a letter from G. I don't think that they will give all those money back to advertisers. Why should they? These were valid clicks.

moneywatch, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  8. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    They give back the money from invalid clicks. I have sen it many times on client accounts.

9. moneywatch

moneywatch Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, so they actualy take the money from baned user and DON't give it to advertisers.

moneywatch, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  10. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what you are saying here. If an account is banned then the clicks are refunded regardless of if they were valid or not. so there really is no money to take from the person who had their accounts banned.

I know it is a crock of shit system, which is why the sensible people move away from adsense as a main stream, and move into cpa stuff. If your visitors are buying from adsense, then they COULD be buying from YOU

DomainDomain likes this.
  11. moneywatch

moneywatch Peon

Best Answers:
    cpa? what is that?

moneywatch, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  12. 89mk3t

89mk3t Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can ban any person any time without any reason, and it is clearly stated in the contract. My buddy just got banned because of click fraud and he never even accidentally click on his ads. His website consist of simple pages with 2-3 page article and ads. Over 80% of the traffic was coming from adwords. All pages were according to the Google TOS.
    impression Clicks CTR
    X,XXX XXX low 10's
    Let me tell you all the protection he was running on the account.
    1: Adlogger, set to 1 click every 24 hours (click fraud protection)
    2: 1 IP is allowed to see ads 1 time during 24 hour. (impression protection) So if you browse around the website and you already seen the ads once, you will never see the ads on any other pages.
    Even Google don't have those protection on Google.com. Last week received email form Google for Illegal click/impression.
    Any thoughts now.

89mk3t, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  13. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Why should my thoughts alter because your friend got banned? you summed it up in your first line. but I will say this. Google DO NOT ban people for no reason it simply is not in their best interests as it costs them a lot of money.

What has 'your friend' done about this? What have Google said to him in correspondence?

I am not really sure why you directed this at me as if I am criticising those that get banned, I am CERTAINLY NOT. I am pointing out that google detect click fraud algorithmically, it is automated, and very strict. I am not saying it is right, I am not saying it is wrong. Although again, even YOU say and he never even accidentally click on his ads Click fraud is NOT all aboutclicking on your own ads, it is getting un natural click patterns etc.

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    *Yawn*

The old "my friend" story... :rolleyes:

fryman, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  15. TheLastLegion

TheLastLegion Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck as you'll rarely get accepted back if even get even properly read upon

TheLastLegion, Feb 18, 2007 IP