1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused About Article Directories and Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by NoahM, Feb 16, 2007.

Ok this is probably a stupid question but how does the duplicate content SEO penalization work with article directories like Ezine Articles. Lets say I write 50 articles and submit them to Ezine Articles and use them as blog posts. Do I then need to post a certain proportion of unique content as well to avoid SEO penalties? Any tips on how this works? Thanks.

NoahM, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  2. jmaresca2006

jmaresca2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    you make a very valid point. I was thinking the same thing. If I where you, I would NOT submit my articles to article directories. I would keep my unique content all to myself. Google loves that stuff.

jmaresca2006, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  3. doogers

doogers Peon

Best Answers:
    Do all articles you write have to be long? I am not a writer but am trying to build more backlinks.

doogers, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  4. Ardrigh

Ardrigh Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the articles you had submitted to different article directories are your, it is not an issue of content duplication even if you are using it in your blogs. Actually, this practice is one of the reason why there are article directories. Eventually, you'll be getting benefit from it once your articles will be read by others. Once they had read your articles and got interested, they will now be interested about your other write-ups and eventually they'll visit your site/blog. Just don't forget to attached a link to your site if submitting an article.

My two cents worth...

Ardrigh, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  5. DSB

DSB Peon

Best Answers:
    Think about news sites. They aren't punished for duplicate content.
    The reality is that if a web page is good, people will copy it, and the original publisher shouldn't be pusished for that.
    The majority of links may not be counted in duplicate content, but you shouldn't be penalised.

I'd mix things up and publish some one article directories and some on your site.

Around 600 words is ideal, but be natural. Average 500 to 800 words. I'm talking about articles directory submissions here to encourage as many people as possible to be willing to reprint them. For your own site just focus on quality.

DSB, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  6. waterfall

waterfall Member

Best Answers:
    Do not publish articles you are using for distribution on your site. Some people will say to let the SEs index it first and then distribute it – this will not work. If you have 2 articles, put one on your site and the other into circulation.

Read up on Google and Duplicate content guidelines right from the Plex
    www.googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2006/12/deftly-dealing-with-duplicate-content.html

waterfall, Feb 17, 2007 IP