1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does you need to get started in google adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Johntan, Feb 7, 2007.

Hi,

One of the greatest fear using adwords to drive traffic is the cost. What you guys suggest for someone who is new to adwords. How much does I need to get started with google adwords to make a profitable business?

Thanks

John:D

Johntan, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  2. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you learn, use proper guides, you can start making profits with $10...though I can't say really it depends on you.

dog_24, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    All depends on what you're comfortable spending, there's no magic universal number you need to start with to succeed.

GuyFromChicago, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  4. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start with as low as possible. You can make minimum bid for 0.01 the cost will less but click will also be. You can start with 10 USD

megri, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  5. Johntan

Johntan Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh thanks. But How much traffic will I get with 10 usd. What you all mean is 10usd per day or per month?

Johntan, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  6. DharmaSeo

DharmaSeo Peon

Best Answers:

look for some starting promos that give some free cash to start with

DharmaSeo, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  7. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    of course the amount of keywords you are using, the keywords popularity, your cost per click, ad positioning, and how the ad is written will all factor into your adwords account. Its definately worth doing for almost any internet market if you play it right.

Sometimes you can do all the research you want, but still have to test things on your own to get real learning experience and develop your own ideas on what is and is not working.

BE sure to start with low costs, and try to use free search credits. unrelated but microsoft adcenter has a new promotion for free $100.

moneyspeaks, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  8. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I would greatly recommend if you're just starting out with adwords is to not add tons and tons of keywords. If you're a guru and know that adding all these words will help your campaign, great!

But generally I'd say most newer Adwords users go out and look for tons and tons of keywords - and end up wasting money on 99% of them. Start small, start bids low & conservative, and do your research. This will allow you to spend much lower amounts of money on your ad costs, no matter what your budget is.

-T

Telmari, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  9. bjgolf

bjgolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to promote? Are you an affiliate?

If you are an affiliate ask the manager at the network the average epc's across the entire network. Usually those guys have huge budgets just to test the campaigns and what keywords convert best.

When you get the epc's just don't bid higher than the average epc's on your keywords. That's how I started out and started learning to use the program. Setting your budget is totally up to you. You can turn $50 into $500 if you market it correctly.

bjgolf, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  10. Johntan

Johntan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your wonderful reply. Great to learn from you guys here. Cut short my learning curve.

Johntan, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  11. noobie2shoes

noobie2shoes Peon

Best Answers:
    bjgolf ....... will vendors be happy to give you epc (Est. cost per click) that what you mean ?

noobie2shoes, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  12. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can say how much traffic you can get for $10, it all depends on your niche, page, keywords etc.

dog_24, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  13. taulath

taulath Peon

Best Answers:
    If your budget is low, create 1 ad group with only a couple of keyterms. Then work hard on split testing different ad copy and maximising ROI on that one AdGroup. This lets you focus, and gives you a better chance of getting a good Quality Score for that Ad and minimising costs.

Once you start to generate profit, use that to fund your second AdGroup.. and your third...... :)

taulath, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  14. googlelf

googlelf Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I'd read this post about 2 weeks ago - just wasted $20 on an adwords campaign. Got clickthru but no sales! :(

googlelf, Feb 15, 2007 IP