1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google banning people - What's going on?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by super_kid, Jul 8, 2005.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Problem here is that not many people seem to use common sense. Someone even started other ridiculous thread crying about "oh, big bad wolf goolge is banning lots of sites, what can we do? Boo hoo..."

If you don't do anything wrong you don't have to worry. This nonsense has to stop. Any irregular click pattern would be detected in 5 seconds by a good webmaster. It happened to Joey, and that is why he is still in the program.

fryman, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  2. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I emailed google and asked them if I or any adsense user could be banned from the program becuase someone else did numerous clicks on my adsense, and the reply was like:
    'We understand that there are those that employ fraudulant clicks to raise revenue, etc.... it is up to each member to make sure there site does not violate TOs, and fraudulant clicks by them or another party is a violation, and can result in getting any account banned.'

That is not word for word of course, but any of you here can email and ask them like I did, there is no myth about it. I personaly believe myself or any of you can be banned in one or two days for fraudulant clicks.

bluegill_catcher, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  3. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I am 110% with Shoemoney on this one.

After Google Maps, I for one cannot possibly imagine something that Google can't do. Surely identifying fraudulent clicks by IP is simple enough for Big G to do with no trouble.

super_kid, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  4. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    They track clicks via cookies too, but if the attacker is using an anonymizer to hide his true ip, and uses random ip's, and also has cookies disabled in his browser, then I don't think Google can track it?? Who knows....

freakrot, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  5. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Wrong, my friend: you do have to worry. Joey got his account reinstated because he went on a major campaign in order to convince Google that he was in fact innocent. The point here is that Joey didn't do anything wrong, but they "disabled" him anyway. Google terminated first, and didn't bother to even ask questions later. Imagine if AdSense was Joey's main source of income! Imagine if our legal system worked that way!

Google is clearly on a rampage, and they simpy have no interest in treating the average publisher fairly. It's as simple as that.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  6. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think google will always be cautious about frauds ... and anything that raises the red flags will be investigated manually. Adsense gets google most of its revenue and google has both the skills and the money to research and find out most of the ways by which click frauds take place. Proxies are, I am sure, very basic things and they must have taken care of them months back.

When yahoo comes into the same field, hopefully the competition will ease things for all of us.

nriweb, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  7. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yup; competiton is a very healthy thing for any market.

I hope all the AdSense cheaters who will be trying the new Y! offering will learn from their past mistakes and not cheat with Y! Even a single-celled organism can learn and adapt :D

AmCy

8. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Honestly Amcy I dont really care what you did to get banned. You seem like a straight up person here and have always been cool to me. I think this sucks if your really innocent.

But like I mean in your blog your posting word for word the email you got from google which I believe is against there tos no ?... Are you trying to get reinstanted or do you just not care?

Shoemoney, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  9. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I am trying to get G to tell me why my account has been disabled.

I would never post the content of an email message sent from a real, flesh-and-blood G employee.

AmCy

10. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't like Adsense, ban them to your site. If you're worried about click fraud, switch to Amazon.

stop complaining... start earning

AdsenseAddict, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  11. adsensepages

adsensepages Guest

Best Answers:
    Those are sure hard to come by ;)

adsensepages, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nope, you are wrong. He was responsible enough to keep close track of his adsense account. He suddenly noticed a very irregular click pattern and gathered all the evidence to send it to Google. Nothing to do with "major campaigns" or similar nonsense.

EDIT- BTW thanks to the moron who bumped up this thread and made me reply to it 6 months later :rolleyes:

fryman, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  13. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont make invalid clicks. You know how you are if you are makign invalid clicks. If you make invalid clicks you diserve to be banned. Dont cheat the TOS either.

IamNed, Jan 15, 2006 IP