1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is my adsense plan?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by madscout2000, Feb 12, 2007.

disclaimer: I am brand new to web design and adsense. :)

I know that a lot of people avoid telling family and friends about their websites for fear of click fraud. My website has a fairly small niche, and I know a ton of people that are in the niche, so to kick start my traffic I am telling everybody about my site. I plan to wait for the word to spread for a couple of months before I include adsense. Do you think this plan will avoid click fraud?

As for ad placement, you will notice along the left column there are two gradient sections. The top gradient section has the navigation links, and I plan to put adsense ads in the lower gradient section. Will that be allowed, or do I have to make the background a solid color?

http://www.snarescience.com

Thanks,
    Ryan

madscout2000, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  2. 313i

313i hummmmmm. No clue

Best Answers:
    I believe you have no choice but to make your ads a solid color as that is all you are given in the making of your ads in your account. As for waiting to put the ads on for a while while the site ages is a good idea I think.

Good luck I hope it works out for you!

313i, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. BeerAsia

BeerAsia Peon

Best Answers:
    Just bang in whatever links and adverts you feel look best, if they look crappy or nobody clicks on them then change it round a bit.

Personally I would recommend one set of links and one prominently place ad in the top centre of the page - blended or matched to your colour scheme.

BeerAsia, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  4. Garve

Garve Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Ryan,

It's not possible to make the ads transparent, so you will not be able to see the gradient through them. This means it'll be impossible to blend them perfectly into the design, so you're probably as well to have slightly contrasting colour scheme instead.

Garve, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. hsoftwaremaster

hsoftwaremaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Garve

hsoftwaremaster, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  6. madscout2000

madscout2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool. Thanks for the tips guys. I will be posting again once it comes time to include the ads. :)

Ryan

madscout2000, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i did not see any adsense code on your site . are you sure that you have inserted them to your site?

trichnosis, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  8. eSpenders.com

eSpenders.com Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure you read this thread?:confused: :rolleyes:

eSpenders.com, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  9. creativegenies

creativegenies Peon

Best Answers:
    haha give him a break he is a good poster but he does post ALOT so maybe he just thought it was a review for an adsense site

creativegenies, Feb 14, 2007 IP