1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can I streamline marketing with mind mapping?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kate-born, Jul 4, 2005.

Hi!

I'm now researching the possibility of using mind mapping for marketing tasks. If one can share his ideas about this?

It seems to be a great way for information visualization, for instance we can make visual persons and relations between them, or put in proper order marketing data.
    I've started with this article: http://www.mind-pad.com/solutions/contact-map/contact-mind-map.htm and I'm now researching the posibility of using Mind Mapping.

If one can suggest some tool? Mind Manager, Mind Pad ... ?

Nice idea and nice graphics used.

Kate, Thank you!!

kate-born, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Mind Manager is good. Axon Idea Processor is rather geeky and complex, but powerful.

subseo, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  3. garyfugere

garyfugere Peon

Best Answers:
    I use mind mapping extensively for my marketing strategies and it can really help you give a jump start to creativity.

I wrote an article for several of my classess that use mind mapping at: http://www.gsinet.org/mindmap.htm as you can see my preference is for Visual Mind 7, but I must admit that my wish list for enhancements is long.

garyfugere, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  4. kate-born

kate-born Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your posts! I’m going to research desktop tools for mind mapping. In fact, I like Mind Pad much with it’s contact map: http://www.mind-pad.com/solutions/contact-map/contact-map-big.gif -- great idea I think.

I’m now going to download some popular mind mapping software and do a little research about features/pricing. I hope I’ll post some info here soon!

Kate

kate-born, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  5. kate-born

kate-born Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I’ve spent few days to researching mind mapping tools carefully. So here are my thoughts:

1) I like Mind Pad for it’s custom topics, such as Contact. It allows create topics with custom properties. Also, it’s inexpensive (costs 129$) and has nice interface.
    2) Mind Manager is a market leader. Most Fortune 500 companies use it. One of the most expensive (costs 229$).
    3) FreeMind – open source. I do agree that it’s not as polished as Mind Pad and Mind Manager, but it’s free to use.

Other tools: ConceptDraw, Visio, … most of them are as expensive as Mind Manager and also fully features, but not known much as a good mind mapping tool.

I’m not really experienced in evaluating mind map tools, but I still cannot decide whether I should buy pretty-good and in-expensive Mind Pad or Fortune Companies’ choice - Mind Manager.

Kate

kate-born, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  6. tradefor

tradefor Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is going to be paying for it? If its not you, there is safety in numbers (Fortune 500)

These guys supposedly have a version of Mind Manager for less than the List price of Mind Pad (though TuCows Street price for the latter is $60, so I guess there is still a differential)

Being cheap by circumstance, though not by nature, I'd use the free one until I could demonstrate I'd earned enough using mind mapping techniques in general to pay for for a more costly variation.

tradefor, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  7. antprimat

antprimat Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an idea and many different files and notes ,
    which related to an idea. Project is growing, but all
    my documents are confusedly sqandered in folders and
    on papers. I nedd organize my work, for example with a
    some mindmap, which worked as a virtual desktop. Have
    you been confronted with such troubles and how l can
    solve my problem? Sorry for my English, I am from
    Ukraine.