1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO tips needed for Single word keywords like 'laptops'

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Technoworld, Feb 4, 2007.

Hi

I have a website www.technoworld.com and mainly sell laptops but will be expanding soon to other it products like printers , projectors and monitors etc

But need some help with SEO for single word keywords like 'laptops' where im on position 20-30 but for 'cheap laptops' I am much higher and also with 'cheap projectors' I have top position but not with keyword 'projectors'

Google adwords charges too much for these popular keywords so need some help and tips and will even consider paying upto £ 500 if I can get on position 1-4 for both keywords ' laptops' and 'projectors'

I would also like to know what the best tools are available to help me compare the sites ranking above me as im not a pro and still cant improve single word keywords.

Any advice would be helpful ! :)

Cheers

Technoworld, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  2. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To compare websites that you're competing with, analyze their backlinks. I also use hub finders at tools.seobook.com to see the authoritative sites that link to your competitors.

To get a position on a keyword like "laptops" or "cheap laptops", you're really going to have to use creative measures. Some of the only link bait you can put on your site for products is low prices.

I know it sounds shady, but Wikipedia links and directory listings can substantially help you out. You're probably better off spending your $500 on something like that.

PoohBear88, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  3. eepruls

eepruls Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google will rank you higher if you just have more people linking to your site. Find sites with good PR's to put your link on and this should help.

eepruls, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  4. Technoworld

Technoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks , I will have a look and let u know , but may take time ...

Technoworld, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  5. Vigor

Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    All I can say is GOOD LUCK!

A keword like laptops will cost you a lot in backlinks. You will have to beat every online retailer.

Vigor, Feb 11, 2007 IP