1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website search option script

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ian_batten, Feb 9, 2007.

Hello all,
    Can anyone reccomend me a simple website search script, to enable users to search a certain word on the webiste?
    Thanks!

ian_batten, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  2. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's one. It uses PHP and MySQL. If you need to use ASP or ASP.NET and Microsoft's SQL server, let me know and I'll dig one up for you.
    http://cs.ioc.ee/~ando/sphider/

Dan Schulz, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  3. TechnoGeek

TechnoGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    An alternative I would consider is a Google's search box. And you could end earning some money :).
    All the best.

TechnoGeek, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's a good choice for those who cannot run their own search engine. But if you can host your own, go for it :).

Dan Schulz, Feb 10, 2007 IP
    ian_batten likes this.
  5. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You dude...that script is just perfect! Thanks a million, green added :D

ian_batten, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really liked that, you should see some of the Ajax contact forms I've found.

Dan Schulz, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  7. rose21

rose21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, your link contains free download with this information "Sphider is licenced under GNU General Public Licence. If you use the script, it would be really nice if you send me a notification where and how you use it. "So wnen we use their script means this is our own serch engine or not?

rose21, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  8. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you, or anyone else. By "run their own" and "host your own" I meant running a search engine on your own site, regardless of whether you wrote it, or went with an "out of the box" solution like Sphider.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if you can host it, you can make it look like the rest of your site. If it's hosted elsewhere, people are going to know.

As for the text you quoted, that's just the author's way of saying "Thanks for using Sphider. If you use it, could you please show me the site you used it on? It's not a requirement, I'd just like to know how many people are using it; if enough people use it, I'll be far more inclined to continue developing it in the future."

Dan Schulz, Feb 11, 2007 IP