1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hardware req for best experience with Microsoft Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Bing' started by adscience, Feb 3, 2007.

Hello everybody,

I am going to buy a new computer soon, please recommend me best combination to experience best in vista,

best combination of (every thing required from monitor to mouse)

Please don't give me link to microsofts's site, I have already seen there, I want your experinece.

My requirements :-
    1) I am programmer + Computer Engineering student
    2) I enjoy watching google earth (requires memory + accleration)
    3) I want to have Core 2 Duo
    4) I want to widely use google desktop (requires good space + memory)
    5) I want surf internet lot + test lots of softwares.
    6) I have to install whole visual studio.net + msdn + visual studio 6 + photoshop cs + Adobe Acrobat + Adobe Flash + MSN Messanger(largest resource killer in useless thing) + Whole MS Office with frontpage + Auto CAD

Also Recommend me the version of Vista I should buy (I am using Windows XP Prof SP2) And I use english language.

Recommendation example:- (it is just example)
    Core 2 Duo xx.x GHz
    Mother board xxx ???? (must be intel mother board)
    Hard disk 250 GB Samsung????
    Memory card 1 GB ?? 2 GB??? 3 GB???
    DVD 52x ??? 48x ???? Samsung????
    Vista pro????

Umm! I will ask later if I remember anything more.

I want to have best experience of Microsoft Window Vista. :p

adscience, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    Intel BLKD945GTPL
    Seagate 250gb HDD
    2gb DDR2 RAM
    DVD dual layer burner
    Vista home premium

I've heard that home premium is technically the same as ultimate but less expensive and doesn't have things like the ultimate extras and bitlocker protection.

Jamson, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    Jamson, thanks for the answer!

I would like to know these things.
    Core 2 Duo E6600??? how much GHz is it? is it among best?
    what is Dual layer burner?
    Isn't there Vista proff version?

I want to make best computer for me this time.

thanks,

adscience, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  4. coolmaste

coolmaste Peon

Best Answers:
    intel board sucks go for any other brand board.

coolmaste, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  5. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    other boards like?

adscience, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  6. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Intel boards are fine, but Asus boards are often the most recommended. Regardless of the board, buy one with some of the newer features for future growth. For instance some of the new boards that support duo core processors also support future quad core processors as well. Also look for the number of SATA connectors and whether the built-in NIC card is gigabyte instead of 100mb.

The 6600 series Core 2 Duo are fast, but if money becomes a factor then consider the 6400 (2.13ghz) or 6300 (1.86ghz). Both are blazing fast but will free up some money that you can then apply towards a better motherboard, graphics card, or other components.

For memory, make sure that you purchase two sticks of dual-channel memory. They typically come in a kit, so a 2GB kit would be two (2) 1GB memory sticks.

Finally, don't cheap out on your case and/or power supply. Make sure that you get quality units, specifically the power supply as it can determine the overall life expectancy of all the other parts in your computer.

The best places to shop for parts are TigerDirect.com and Newegg.com. Both have great prices and Newegg are known for their customer reviews which can greatly help when choosing individual components.

RayH, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  7. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    RayH really very very thanks for valuable information, any more knowledge base that I need before buying a new computer? I am confused weather to stay with intel board or not.

adscience, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  8. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to see Pentium 4 with 3.4 GHz, 3.6 GHz but why only 2.13ghz with core 2 duo. Is this degrade or has any other meaning? will someone tell me please?

9. Diether

Diether Peon

Best Answers:
    Maxtor/Seagate 320GB 16MB Sata II 7200rpm
    2x Twinmos DDR2 1024MB 667MHz
    Asus P5B ATX P965 1GHz/DDR2-800m8GB-DC/Gb-lan/8ch
    Sapphire ATI X1950XT 256MB VIVO DVI PCIe
    Hiper PS580K-EU PSU 580W Type-R Black Modulair
    Samsung 940BW 19inch TFT 4ms Widescreen

This makes € 1194.67 in a local shop here.

case, keyboard, mice is just a matter of personal preferences. So didn't mention those.

Diether, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  10. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to see Pentium 4 with 3.4 GHz, 3.6 GHz but why only 2.13ghz with core 2 duo. Is this degrade or has any other meaning? will someone tell me please?

11. pig2cat

pig2cat Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, 4200 rpm drives are from the stoneage man....
    get 2 drives, 1 10k rpm or 15k rpm 36 or 74 gb drive for windows itself, and one 300 gb 7200 one for file storage, the rest of this is fine

ghz is just the amount of cycles it makes, but with new technology it can carry more stuff per cycle, so it needs less cycles to perferm just as good or even better, its not a degredation or something:eek:

pig2cat, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  12. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, pig2cat that was really imp information for me.

13. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi adscience,

The latest generation of processors have made measuring performance by gigahertz (ghz) pretty much obsolete. So it is becoming very difficult now for the average person to compare processors.

Without getting too technical, the Core 2 Duo processors are still faster (despite the lower ghz speeds) because they are now packing two processors into one. However it goes a bit deeper than that, because tests have shown that a 2.13ghz C2D processor is performing faster than 4.16ghz (2.13ghz multiplied by two).

For more information, I included a link below that I would recommend that you check out. It is a comparison chart for the various processors. Here you will see how they each compare to each other.

I do have a question for you: Are you experienced with building your own computers? If you are not, then don't be afraid to purchase a brand name computer to fullfill your needs. For all but the most intense gamers, systems like Dell and HP offer great deals with 24x7 tech support for only slightly more than what it would cost to build your own system.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions or even PM me if you'd like to chat online via MSN, AOL IM, etc.

-Ray

RayH, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  14. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

As Ray has mentioned before, Core 2 Duo is heaps faster than a Pentium 4.

- It is newer :p
    - They don't waste so much power, so your helping the environment
    - They don't heat up so much
    - They process more data per cycle, so the ghz doesn't need to be higher

Although the pentium 4 has dual core as well, a basic Core 2 Duo 6300 would easily beat them all, even when the pentium 4 is overclocked to around 4ghz as i think was mentioned.

Jamson, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  15. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for backing me up Jamson. I didn't really talk about how the new C2D processors compare to P4 processors and such.

Oh, and I forgot to add the link to my previous post. Here is the link that I spoke of:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

-Ray

RayH, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  16. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember the magic rule of buying a new pc or building one(like i build pcs) :

Buy the latest you can for the era you live in. Period. If money is not a factor.

Cause otherwise you will be back after a year saying oh i think my pc is too slow.

Regards

paidhosting, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  17. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    RayH, jamson

[Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2 MB L2 1.86 GHz 1066 MHz] how..s this???

adscience, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  18. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    paidhosting, so true! I am cheated myself last time when I saved money on PC, I thought I was get a good deal. Nah, I am on slow PC now 1,5 years later.

SEOLinker, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  19. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    The Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 and up are excellent processors. I have the 6400 and love it.

Paidhosting and SEOLinker make great points as well. So if you can afford the 6400 or 6600 then buy it. The 6700 and higher are also available but the best bang for the buck is definately in the 6300 or 6400 processors right now.

1GB of ram (remember you'll want two sticks so that would be 2 x 512mb dual channel DDR2 memory) will be a good starting point for you, consider 2GB (2 x 1GB dual channel DDR2) if you can afford it.

Buy a good case and power supply. For the power supply, shoot for 450w or higher if it will just be a run of the mill PC. If you hope to play games and add a serious graphics card, shoot for 600w or higher.

Remember to use the reviews on sites like Newegg, they are your friend and can help you to determine if a part is a good deal for the price or not.

RayH, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  20. adscience

adscience Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks RayH

I am going for one of these 6300 or 6400 processors, so what is the price diff between?

adscience, Feb 10, 2007 IP