1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Importance of Jumping on Buzzwords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by PoohBear88, Feb 10, 2007.

Buzzwords are keywords that are either introduced into your niche or have always been there but for reason been receiving an increasing amount of traffic. Say a new product came out with a unique title for a name. Stuff like that.

An excellent and easy strategy (and I can't stress that enough) for building great SERPs for newly found buzzwords is to simply make a basic content page with very basic, but useful information about that new keyword.

The point of this is not to be an expert on the keyword, but just be a reference (and hopefully the first reference) for that keyword.

Google will crawl your website and see that you are the first to have a good, relevant content page for that new keyword, and place you very high for its SERP. Then, when any visitor searches for this keyword, looking for new information, they get what they need and want. These visitors then make reference to your page to other people on blogs, forums, websites, etc.

If you still don't understand how this works, here's an example:

Say your niche market is Tickle Me Elmo dolls. You've probably heard of the new TMX version. Knowing this before many other webmasters, you take advantage of this 'buzzword' by creating a page with good keyword density of 'Tickle Me Elmo TMX' in the content (make sure you know what you're talking about though, or that defeats the purpose). Also providing an attractive keyword-filled title and meta content.

If you act on this soon enough, you will rank very highly for the keyword (sometimes #1), and therefore becoming a reference to the new Tickle Me Elmo TMX.

Then watch the page's/site's authority grow as the links pour in.

Thought I'd share that with you fellas if you didn't already know. + Rep? :)

PoohBear88, Feb 10, 2007 IP
    iskandar and britishguy like this.
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    People who make real money work on keywords all the time :)

britishguy, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  3. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    People who are smart work on smart keywords all the time.

What's fake money, by the way? :)

PoohBear88, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  4. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done it. About a week ago I blogged on this topic too. This is real ultimate SEO. Once you grab it, everything becomes VERY easy. But then you have to research those "potential" keywords.

coolsitez, Feb 10, 2007 IP