1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revenue Sharing between 2 Publishers

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by easterwolf, Feb 7, 2007.

Im wondering if anyone has found/came up with a decent script that would allow two publishers to split revenue 50/50. I have been doing it so far alright, but its very manual. Perhaps an includes file but then theres the part that needs to rotate and then not have the ads from each publisher showing up at the same time as its a violation if they do.

I know there are mods for forums, joomla, WP ect, but for static pages I can't seem to find something that will be efficient. My partner and I will revive a few large sites and we need to come up with a better way to do this than hard code the ad script into every other page X 10000.

Anyone have any ideas or have a openads mod for this?

easterwolf, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  2. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    You can actually use the A/B testing code provided by Adsense a while back.

That should show each person's ad 50% of the time. However this only works with pages that have one ad unit. I don't know how you'll be able to coordinate multiple ad units on the same page.

You can then use an include to include the code into all your pages. That should hopefully work. Hope that helps!

Crusader, Feb 7, 2007 IP
    easterwolf likes this.
  3. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have revenue sharing forum too like DP, i use vbulletin 3.6.4 too

basketmen, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are after a 50-50 share, you can always use one persons code and split the monthly income half and half.

qwestcommunications, Feb 7, 2007 IP
    easterwolf likes this.
  5. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input, I will try to work something out with what you suggested Crusader, it was helpful. I know it can be done where there can be 2 or 3 ad units and it will only pull on publisher, it has been done with the WP plugin...I was just hoping that there was an easier way before having to dissect the WP code and try and slap something together that will work on this site lol

As for splitting one check 50/50, well it wouldn't be a problem if we lived in the same country and the stakes were not so high but if we were local that would be an easy option for sure.

Once again, thanks for taking time to post~

6. easterwolf

Best Answers:
    UPDATE:

okay so i started digging around and apparently, according to ADSENSEPRO who I'm pretty sure is with the adsense team clarifies that you CAN have 2 pub-ids on the same page as long as you stay within the ad unit limits ect...link

7. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, but can you please tell where Adsense officially says it's OK?

Freddy81, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  8. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    If you mean the A/B code you just need to visit the Adsense blog and search for A/B testing. They provide it in order for you to test which ad unit works best.

Crusader, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  9. easterwolf

Best Answers:
    I left the link, there are not many threads, like the third one done. although its there, I still wrote in to get confirmation 100% and waiting on an answer. But Im pretty sure that they person who answered the question at hand is with adsense support, we'll see though. For the record, I never said anything was official, I said apparently it is so according to what the adsense support forum mod said. I still don't know. As for where it officially says that well beats me, when in doubt ask.

easterwolf, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  10. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Too messy. Unless it was a custom channel. Even then I'd prefer to find a way such as a php include that dishes up the publisher code 50/50.

Reprobate, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  11. easterwolf

Best Answers:
    For sure.. and even making a new channel isn't very efficient. There are bank fees, I always use express check delivery ect...I'm thinking the includes was good, but the issue was having 2-3 ad units and the includes command has to know to only pull one pub-id for all three ads..anyway...Ill suss it out somehow..

easterwolf, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  12. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, google must have changed it's tune then to having two different pub id's on the same page.

I run an adsense rev sharing site at www.arscompendium.com and before i went live last year, i asked this specific question and the google support team told me that as long as I didn't have two different pub id's on a page, i was good.

jeeplaw, Feb 8, 2007 IP