1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What takes to be a good SEO?!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by redhits, Feb 3, 2007.

In my opinion ...

SEO is related to business and having almost nothing related to IT/Engineering... What kind of engineering you must to known for seo?! that you must to have good title, google h1/b1 tags, good content and a lot of back links?!
    You don't need to known to have an IQ higher then 60 to understand the everything about SEO from simple to advance...

How i said before SEO is a business... and in every business field somebody can make 1$ or 100$... what makes the difference?! Of course not the "engineering knowledges" but rather the marketing... same here dude... SEO is related to DOING BUSINESS.

For being a good SEO you must to :
    - Be a very open mind person. Believe you can do it (Especially because SEO takes times, like every others business do : TIME = MONEY , no?!)
    -Trust yourself, trust your beliefs, trust your knowledge, trust your aptitudes and trust your own powers.
    -Be a good negociator. HARD SEO (very good keywords) is 99% based on
    links, you will need to get those links cheap , or known how to exchange links,etc...
    -You will need to known a lot places/have a lot of friends. Just to know n were to sell/buy/exchange links.
    -Spend more time in getting links , do 3-way exchanges,etc... link bait then asking and researching the google for all kind of blackhat tehnics about getting #1 with $100 (if you buy their SEO Book / SEO Software) for any keyword... or PMing me on Yahoo Messenger asking 20 times a day to help you be #1 in Google for keyword "free" ,etc
    -You must to known what to sell , and to known to sell... Yes, in others words, you will must to precise hunt your keywords and have something damn good to sell.. If you have nothing to sell , then don't get out of! Think about what you can sell over the internet, and came back ! It will just be time&money waste!
    -It's always better to work for people known about it... Yes do SEO for people who known what is SEO and got a product to sell , not offering sxxx ... First of all they won't pay you all , and if things will go wrong they will blame you !
    -It's always better to work for yourself then for others. Got your own websites dude!
    -You must to have something in order to get something... Yes you must to have money for getting links, or you must to have high PR for exchanging with others links

When exchanging links, even if they are 1 way links, or 2 way links you will must to use some tips&tricks.

1. People usually looks at PR. PR is updated only at 3 months. If you will have a PR0 website people will rather not rank if you ... only if they have PR0 also ... So , do a check for a website backlinks on Yahoo/MSN , also check their number of pages... The DP is full of people who got an internal PR5-PR7... but an toolbar PR of 0 ... So be smart , profit of them ! Because others make fun of them !
    2. Keep in mind that your ad spots are limited. So ... don't sell links for 1$, and don't exchange links with websites just to exchange.
    3. You may use some tricks in order to raise your PR (maybe it will take 1 year?! and yes i Known some people will blame for this idea) ...
    For example : If you got a PR4, it's ok to exchange links with PR4-PR5 websites, but hunt the PR5 ones, once you got a few PR4/PR5 maybe your website will also become a PR5... then drop the links that are now PR3-PR4 and try to replace (try to replace, not just drop and search for new ones) then with PR5/PR6...etc...

And many others hints for example:
    If you sell links, you will must to have 100-300 websites in order to get a nice SLK/Ferrari and a nice villa in about 4-5 years. Don't only optimizated 1 page, do smart 1/2/3 ways links exchanged. Do network of networks of websites... You may also do networks of websites if you not intend just to sell links... then you will do this only to link to your main page, from 100-300 several others places (and you may also sell some ads, spots, don't you ?!) Let's say selling 5 links for 20$ from each site at every PR update, 300 * 20 *5 = 30 000$ inaf money for your webhosting?! no?!
    Now, i also want to hear something more back from you ! see ya! and rember SEO is a business,get a fxxx business idea, set a fxxx goal behave like a real man , put on your mind what you want to have!!! stay focused! stay motivated and keeps your mind away from the idea you will find any fxxx sharp way of getting by finding a little secret on google, or in any SEO book you got from DC++ (I already known that most of you don't pay 1$ for a book ,no?! Who will ?!).
    Almost to forget ! green repp is really appreciated!

redhits, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    humm, KingNomar and Nick_Mayhem like this.
  2. Pingo Dot Com

Pingo Dot Com Peon

Best Answers:
    intersting feedback. thanks for sharing.

Pingo Dot Com, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. $
    2. Patience
    3. Research and study on overall SEO
    4. Keeping update with new SEO

coolsitez, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  4. tulip4heaven

tulip4heaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really nice post , i like it . in whole post u just emphasize on PR and Link exchange , there is nothing about traffic , how to gain traffic , if you can sell a link for $20/month , with high traffic you can earn $25/day with adsense.

tulip4heaven, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good one! Is there a guide to be a bad SEO ? :d !!?

Cheers,
    Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  6. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2. is ok
    3 and 4 don't need to take you more then 1 day to known everything (except the exact SE algorithms) about SEO !

So , no no no , you don't get my point..

1. You don't need money to get a high PR! Don't pay for things you may get for free! remeber it! You may easy raise your PR via link exchange, i've explained that even if you are a PR0 website... you may get links from real PR4/PR5 websites (that are showing PR0 in toolbar) , and get very soon a PR5/PR6... The problem is not money... Believe me!

++++ If you own some kind of online business, for example doing : web design , you may design websites for very big clients and left in the footer : Designed by MyFirm, got it?! Or if you have an company that is writing articles, and good content (this time much harderd) you may also got plenty of money ...

+++ Keep in mind even if you don't have any services to offer to others webmasters you may get free links.

Some nice ways:

Link Exchange. All kind of links trades ...
    Web Directories - Don't count to much
    Articles Directories - Don't count to much
    Forums signatures /
    Forums profiles

Take a look ... some forums don't allow you forum signatures, but from default most of the forums are allowing you to have a homepage (WWW) page set in your profile... So register everywere on that internet! But everywere!

I am talking about profiles like this...
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=19302
    http://forums.delhiseomeet.com/member.php?u=16
    What it will take to register on all forums from the internet?! to thousants maybe?! and maybe also do 1-2 posts there, lol ?!

Build your own Web Directory - in this way you will get more backlinks, from directory lists, pointing to that web directory , don't keep to many external links on the front page, only those for your own websites,etc. Also you may do a site-wide from that webdirectory , because there gonna be thousants of pages after a while there, and it will look amazing to show you 50 000 - 300 000 backlinks when somebody do a linkdomain: command on Yahoo , even if 299 000 are from the same site, if you also register and write your website everywere, they won't be OBSERVING THAT

Create top lists - Create top directories, lists, top hosting firms, top affiliates programs...top cars! best ferrari models from 1950 to 2007.. anything! you name it you do it!
    Give away free resources , free php scripts , free php templates
    Maintain large database of information websites/gurus/experts/sites
    Ask to be submitted to lists - If you got a website about cars, just research google after cars sites. Most webmasters who got a car website, usually will just submit their website to web directories, will not send e-mails to ask ... Just ask nicely... Tell them you got a car related car, you will like to be included,etc. Most of them will include you for free

Make a network of websites
    - Yes, create much more .com/.net in order to lunch a "nuclear strike" if you got a new product and you will want to rank very high for a high keyword... The easter is coming man,what if you will want to sell a special Computer Case with a Bugs Bunny on it?!

Launch an affiliate program. - People will ask in forums.. Does www.. .really pay?! etc... Yes, i known that you may scam all `u affiliates so you will get 5000 new backlinks ... because of people getting mad and stalking you , but... try to be smart!
    Write about your company and products (Google/Yahoo Groups/Wikipedia)
    Ask questions for your future products . Join webmaster related forums, etc... and ask qustions/opions... Also you may write about your future ideas, people will link to you like "Hey , did you saw the new design for their homepage, company X works at? It will be released in March ... but i don't think they will get it before September because is to complex"!

-Start your own blog
    -Start your own forum
    - Hold a contest.
    -Release free software
    -Offer free catalogs
    . .PDF catalogs... you may also do marketing off site. Like create free .pdf files and release them via DC++ ... it can create amazing sales sometimes. For example, if you got an online pharmacy create an online catalogs of products, and under each product write a descriptive price. (Don't spam to much to not look to comericial, fxxx the words asONLY 30$. At the front page/backpage of the .pdf e-catalog write your website URL. Also write there that they may release that catalog on every website, free for downland , if they will provide a backlink to your website.

Make people don’t forget about you …
    -Add news / RSS feeds
    -E-mail your members from time to time.

Especially if you are doing link baiting, like writing controversy stories for getting backlinks ... E-mail members when you get a new "bomb" , so they will known about it, and start talking in talking in their own blogs about you etc. Also e-mail them if you got a new catalogs for downland. Especially do it if you got a big website..

If you can get some PR4-PR5 to a page you may buy a new domain name, and add a reciprocal web directory on it.. People will must to give you a little link for being indexed. Most people will accept it, if you will provide them with an instant link submissions,etc...

Sorry if I did spelling mistakes, not an English native + I am in a little rush

redhits, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  7. DSB

DSB Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly!
    And that's why businesses and especially marketing managers in the future MUST obtain a knowledge about good and bad SEO.
    It's scary to think that so many massive corporations are putting their future online success into the hands of people they don't know and probably wouldn't employ if they met them personally. Every company serious about growning their presence online has to make sure that they have a certain degree of SEO knowledge in-house before they proceed with the implementation of their strategy.

DSB, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  8. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF? Are U Dave Pasternack’s brother or what???

Ok there big fella… come back when U can disseminate these for me (this is just recent studies into Phrase Based Indexing and Retrieval.

PaIR Patent 1

PaIR Patent 2

PaIR Patent 3

PaIR Patent 4

PaIR Patent 5

Oh, and they were written by SEARCH ENGINEERS

You would never survive as a professional SEO with this plan of action. While simplistic tactics are great for non-competitive targets, you’d better bring more to the dance for more competitive markets

Again, this is NOT a SEO program or how a SEO operates (good ones at least). I NEVER buy links nor do recips with my clients SEO campaigns. Give it up.

This is NOT SEO friend. It is product development and conversions issues. IT IS NOT SEO.

Like I said – recips are for pussy’s

Ha ha ha ha… a real man that only does little link tricks and calls it SEO. Careful there big fella. U be sure to start as well and stop preaching/teaching SEO. You are obviously NOT qualified

L8TR – stick it out there, and some one will Chop it OFF

[​IMG]

ADDED;

ToolBar PageRank is worthless – more evidence of you ignorance of SEO.

Once more U seem to have NO IDEA on how a link profile is developed. This is not a vable SEO tactic… so what.. the Jewelry Store should start up a directory? EVERYONE should start a directory? Is plain silly. Adding a directory is NOT SEO.. it is amateur gamesmanship.

Nuclear strike with what? You are going to launch a network of many sites, they all have rankings, they all have traffic? Not a chance…. Build up ONE STRONG SITE

…anyways, I tire of this.

PEOPLE – puleeeaaazzeee…. Do not build your SEO futures from this advice. It is unfortunately skewed, why I am not sure ( don’t know his backroud, it would be telling I’d imiagine.)

This is a marketing HYPE approach, NOT technical SEO… no long term ideas here.. fast stuff… won’t get ya far. If you don’t think ALL OF THIS has been tried before TO DEATH.. you haven’t been paying attention. It won’t work. Or we’d all be ranking.

L8TR Peeps

thegypsy, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    Monty likes this.
  9. Monty

Monty Peon

Best Answers:
    It's look like yes. Let's start another contest :D

I think this is the trend, I believe there is more and more in-house SEO. Unfortunately.

Monty, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    thegypsy likes this.
  10. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    So tell me Peeps.. should this guy make my new series on Bad SEO ??

What does it take to make a good SEO??

Passion for SEO
    Analytic Mind
    Competitive Nature
    Creative Thinking
    Patience

thegypsy, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  11. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good post !! I agree with staying at your idea, and look forward

KingNomar, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  12. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I absolutly agree with you softgroups :)

We do not need any special qualification to do SEO.

But yes for sure we need to know HOT TO DO BUSINESS :D

mirainfo, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  13. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great article! thanks for sharing.

gio, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  14. Miss Miaow

Miss Miaow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very informative post softgroups! Thank you very much.

I am very new to SEO. In fact, I just finished reading Aaron Wall's SEO book. I learned a lot from it. I'm actually excited to try the things I learned. I am sure are lot more things that I need to know. I guess I have to learn things along the way.

Miss Miaow, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  15. DomainKing

DomainKing Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe I am being a little cruel but has anyone else noticed the amount of grammatical mistakes in one of those run-on paragraphs?

Also, to be a good SEO, yes it takes time but it also takes knowledge on how a search engine is used, i.e. the algorithms. This thread is completely useless in my eyes, and a person first learning about SEO should definitely ignore this.

Excuse me if this is too forward but I believe I should have told you, and anyone else who goes along with his beliefs.

DomainKing, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    thegypsy likes this.
  16. podoenator

podoenator Peon

Best Answers:
    Great discussion gentlemen /thegypsy, softgroups/. I think that true is somewhere in the middle. it depend on how do you want your money from online business.
    It's all depend on your attitude!

podoenator, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  17. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you're cruel for saying that then I'm a heartless bastard.

No further comment. :eek:

Tekime, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    thegypsy likes this.
  18. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Bang Flipping On man.... it is a silly diatribe set at completely losing folks truly looking to learn REAL SEO... not the garden variety kids games people.

YOU REALLY think there is NOTHING to this? Then tell me folks... why aren't U rich yet? Why are you here on the boards?... Get outta here man.. this shite is EASY... bwaaa ha ha ha ha

Riddle me this Bat Kids - How many people can be top 5 for a given term - I hope U said 5..... In your experience is it EASY to get there? (competitive MONEY TERMS people.. )

As far as it being a business, that is correct.. strange thing tho... without the portfolio of successful campaigns... all the hard work and BULLSHIT in the world ain't gonna save yer company.

SO LEARN HOW SEARCH ENGINES WORK.... you know why I have been around 10 years and MANY other companies have folded in that time???
    Because I focus onthe technical studies of SEARCH ENGINEERING.. and Document Indexing and Retrieval methods

So if you want to be in the game (internet business or SEO) - you'd better stop looking for the EASY way to the top. Roll up your sleeves and get down to work/studies....

Nuff said

thegypsy, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  19. DomainKing

DomainKing Banned

Best Answers:
    thegypsy: I couldn't agree more!

Majority of the people who write about SEO don't know HOW it works, yet they say, do this and you will succeed. I too have been involved in the internet business for years, and not collecting a little change for the side, but for my entire living. I do this for a living, not a part-time job.

So when one comes on a board and showers people with go-around tactics of teaching, it insults me and my profession.

Please re-think before posting something that you have obviously no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry to be rude, but this must be said so this act is not repeated.

DomainKing, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    a lot of trial and error

Blogmaster, Feb 5, 2007 IP