1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wow is this placment legal??

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Botter, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Well, I think different.
    Because Google ads are contextual, why not integrate them into the site design. Users who came to your site may also find useful a link or two from Google, so why not pay tribute to AdSense while still keeping the design smooth..

I do not welcome tricks like in the example above, and neigher blame them here since they are only a test page afterall. A simple page that someone picked up and brought to public discussion.. Unless there's a link to that page on any website, I see no point for critics and touching legal stuff for it.

Putting tricks aside, if you can adjust colours and backgrounds of the ads on your site then why not make a lil effort and do a nice job.. Besides, as long as Google gives us colour adjusting tools, I see nothing wrong in using them. Their system will automatically detect abusive use and will reset colours to whatever they feel appropriate if you cross the acceptable line..

Clive, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:

You have to be as clear as you can with some people now a days. ;)

Red Thunder, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:

Well, obviously ad blending and proper integration play a big role, but again, there must be a line of common sense between all this. But I agree with you though, for sure. [​IMG]

4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Too true.
    So what does "----------" mean? :D

Clive, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:

Hehe, Mr. Smooth operator? ;)

Clive likes this.
  6. chris207

chris207 Peon

Best Answers:
    The point is this person actually goes around trying to cause issues for our company (likey a rival or someone with far too much time on their hands).

I have reported this post to DigitalPoint for the simple fact of claiming we are selling, which has caused our users enough distress.

I would appreciate if people would stop bumping this thread until DigitalPoint can look into this poster more. This poster has two posts (which are only in this thread) so it is obvious what his intentions are. He IM'd me claiming he would get us banned from Yahoo after I said I wasn't interested in buying his site (phpbb-resources.com).

If there was a problem with the way we are trying ads then we wouldn't have gotten the go-ahead.

Again, I would appreciate if this topic was not bumped anymore before DigitalPoint reviews it. Don't fuel whatever this person's motives are.

If you have any question please feel free to PM me.

--
    Chris Davis
    Free Power Boards, Inc.
    1 (860) 331-8207
    www.FreePowerBoards.com

chris207, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  7. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    aren't you bumping this thread by posting

tusen, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I think only that post needs to be removed nothing else i see bad. Plus its getting u some advertisement.

Lol @ Smooth Operator :D

Cheers.

paidhosting, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  9. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i still think there is chance of being banned if you are getting tooo much CTR

and some users mite think the site has no credibility

ash1, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  10. chris207

chris207 Peon

Best Answers:
    No because it was already at the top when I posted, same as now.

I've been getting many PMs from people agreeing people need to just stop. You are talking about our company losing credibility for something you know nothing about.

Yes it is a test, yes it is approved and no it does not have an abnormal CTR or that would be a sign of misleading and our advisor would have us remove them.

The ad placement is just like our entire business model, to be unique. Our competitors throw ads on the headers and/or footer. We offer something else. People are also used to ignoring header ads, this makes people read them.

I'm disappointed that my request to let this thread die is being ignored. As people have said in their supportive PMs to me "people just don't know when to stop".

If you legitimately have a question then PM me or ask just ask Yahoo yourself.

chris207, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  11. Botter

Botter Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea what you're talking about Chris buying my site, I was going to buy your site until I saw this.... now you're acting like it never happened... good job.

Botter, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  12. theo-zzzz

theo-zzzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are misleading people who think it's a thread.
    In a way you are stealing from advertisers.

Is that your business model?

theo-zzzz, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  13. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    It's clearly deceptive and, therefore, clearly not permitted.

www.AmCy.org, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  14. chris207

chris207 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should start smaller to make your story more believable. We are a privately traded corporation with five full-time employees and nearly a dozen share holders. I brought copies of your AIM threats and public postings to our attorney who will be contacting your registrar on Monday. Expect to see our defamation case papers in the mail shortly after.

The above is obviously for your false claims of purchasing our company and not your attempts to bring attention to our ad tests.

Since people don't seem to understand, our ad tests are approved by our account advisor. I've been getting a laugh at out PMs that are bashing the people that keep posting. "Wow, what don't they get?", etc.

It is sad that anyone can make a new account and spread anything they want about an established company and fickle people blindly follow without knowing (or ignoring) the facts.

Again, if you have a legitimate question then PM me or talk to ask Yahoo yourself. I'll be happy to PM you our account adviser's fax number.

Otherwise, this thread is answered.

chris207, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  15. konrad

konrad Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I'm tired of this thread I called YPNs 800 number and after putting me on hold for a while said that that site is approved to run the ad tests.

konrad, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  16. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got off the phone with them, and they told me totally opposite thing.

Red Thunder, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  17. Botter

Botter Peon

Best Answers:
    chris207, you are a dumb *** if you even think you're scaring me with you legal crap. Not only do you most likely not have enough money to hire an attorney but if you did you would be wasting what money you had.

It's not against the law in my country to post on a forum asking a question, and I'm willing to bet the same is true in yours.

Botter, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  18. chris207

chris207 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got his PM yesterday before he checked. Thanks for your efforts.

Asking a question is not illegal, of course. Your acts of defamation and trying to spread libel on more than one occasion are indeed against the law.

You just called them, eh? Funny their hours don't cover Sundays.

chris207, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  19. Botter

Botter Peon

Best Answers:
    In my country this isn't libel :eek:

And I'm willing to be in the U.S it's the same :cool

Like I said in this topic, you wanted to sell and I want to make sure this is legit. I now know you run a "fly by night" type of host and as soon as Yahoo bans you (which they will), all your clients are going to be out a forum.

Botter, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  20. Cheater

Cheater Peon

Best Answers:
    This technique is perfectly ok. :rolleyes:

Botter that is infact libel. Go buy a dictionary.

Cheater, Feb 4, 2007 IP