1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR / 301 Can I exploit this?

Discussion in 'Google' started by redhits, Feb 3, 2007.

In most of the cases, if you got a site.com with a PR5, then every internal page linked from that main page will be PR4.. for example site.com/dir1 . , then PR3...and so on .. (not always but in mosts cases, usually if only main page optimizated)

Now... if you got a PR5 on a website, and give a link to another (0 links/ PR0) website.. that page won't take (in 99% cases) a PR4 with only 1 link...

My question is this :

What if you create a subdirectory site.com/dir 1 and add a redirect to the PR0 external websites, then will it get a PR4 at the next update?! because the PR is passing if you do redirects.... (most people redirects to google, in order to get a fake PR, so they get PR10)

redhits, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. Alvin

Alvin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good point there,

I think it should work

Alvin, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    redhits likes this.
  3. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you re-direct a subdirectory, which itself is PR0, then its not must that the subdirectory will have PR increase in next PR update.

Thus the redirected to page may not get any PR raise or passing of sub-directrory PR.

seo_expert, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  4. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    true, but the facts are that the sub-directory will get a PRX-1 from the mainpage, got it while a direct link maybe will let in a max PRx-3 , lol

redhits, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  5. 626DESIGN

626DESIGN Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it works that way

626DESIGN, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  6. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Interesting idea but not sure it's worth a lot of effort.

Subpages of say a PR 5 are going to get PR 4 if they are linked sitewide for a period of time. Just being a subdomain on a PR 5 makes no difference, you still need the backlinks from the parent PR 5. You could do just that, then 301 it after a while, but as soon as you stop linking the original page and have no backlinks for the target site PR will plummet again.

Tekime, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  7. drionix

drionix Peon

Best Answers:
    drionix, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  8. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what happens if you start using the base directory again, i.e. /, does google penalize you for doing that? So if /zyx now has a PR4 and you stop the 301 redirect and leave / - do they consider that taking advantage becuase now / and /zyx have a good PR value when in fact it was probably only /zyx? Make sense?

pc_user, Feb 6, 2007 IP