1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WOOHOO! First $1,000 month!!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by carl_in_florida, Feb 1, 2007.

It took me 14 months to earn enough to get a check from Google and three months later I got my first $1,000 month! I can't tell you how exciting this is!

A full disclaimer would tell you that only three quarters of that came form Adsense and the rest with Azoogel, and Adversal but hey, 1k is 1k right?

I know lots of you make this much every second :rolleyes: but I did not post this thread for you. I posted it for the guys (and ladies) who, like me, went month after month trying to figure out how to make some money online.

In light of that, here is my advise. Eat the meat and spit out the bones.

1. Don't give up. You should get better at this over time and eventually it will "click." Also, keep improving your skills. In the ensuing years I have learned lots and lots of tech skills and I am trying to expand that every day.

2. Read everything there is. Unless you are making a website about something that is already big in the real world (your successful business or something like that) you have to get baptized in internet marketing. This is a business and the laws of business don't stop once you turn on your computer.

3. Realize that it takes work. There is no e-book that will tell you a magical formula to make a bunch of money. There was a guy here on DP that sold a bunch of e-books that said you can make money on DP selling e-books. That's true but not for everybody. There is no special compartment under your keyboard filled with $100s. Most small businesses fail. Hard work should beat the curve.

4. Keep looking for your niche. It is true that you will do best in the things that interest you. Why? Because you understand the wants of people in that segment. Example: I work with a youthgroup and the kids love to skate and love rap. I don't know anything about skateboarding and have not bought a rap cd in over 10 years. There is money in that sector but I would not have a clue how to tap it. Nobody would visit my skateboarding or rap site because it would be obvious that I am not of that culture. If you are a lost fan, there is a nich. Like to yoodle? Figure out how to monetize that.

5. Quit trying to be one of the big guys. Either you are the kind of person that can drop 10k on an adwords campaign or you are not. Realize that early. Shoemoney made a bunch of money off of PPA quickly but that was after a long time in the internet industry seemingly not making that much.

6. Stick to what makes you money. I kept reading that once you make $20 a day with a site, start to duplicate that with other sites. That was really bad advise for me. I never made more than a few bucks a day off of clones. And worst of all, my main site started to suffer. Though the amount of sites I had grew, my earnings actually went down month after month. I decided to focus my efforts on my niche money maker and I got a 20% jump in profits. I plan to sell off the others.

7. Don't leave your wife and abandon your kids to make an extra $300 a month. Treat this like a business and realize that some businesses have to close.

I guess that is it. Please don't flame me. I enjoy dialog but I am not going to post checks and whatnot just to prove that I made what I said. I am not selling anything, just trying to encourage people.

CArl

carl_in_florida, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  2. charomi2

charomi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok so 1,000 divided by 0.05 a click...whats that? someone let me know i think i have a while to go

charomi2, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  3. Kel

Kel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done mate!

Ive just started a new website in hopes of making a half decent earning from adsense. Keep up the great work and thanks for the tips! :)

Kel, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  4. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post Carl. Glad to hear you are making some good money off your hard work.

BILZ, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  5. arcguy

arcguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i really take note of your advice
    it will help me in my success
    please also tell me how u make link for trafffic
    its my only problem so far cause no one aggreee to make like exchange cause i have a new domain and new web

arcguy, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  6. giovanni

giovanni Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice going, 1000$ from adsense - very good :)

giovanni, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  7. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the kind words

8. kmzeron

kmzeron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That it is great Carl. Great job !
    Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with your business !

I hope I'll be in this days there up ;)

kmzeron, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  9. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. Don't abandon your family members because they are the one who will never abandon you no matter what.

Great post and thanks for sharing.

zinruss, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  10. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hope to be next who make 1 k /month actualy this is my target for this year ...

w3bmaster, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  11. adam1987

adam1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats your website :)

adam1987, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  12. ericandcandi

ericandcandi Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, Thanks for the pep talk. I just broke the $10.00 mark and thought that was a milestone for me. keep us informed when you hit the 10,000 mark.

ericandcandi, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  13. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations, man! Thanks for the tips and tricks, also.

Computerized, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  14. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the way you think!!! From your lips to God's ears.:D

15. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Enjoyed the comments you provided, something different for everyday threads such as

There is a constrast, or else you will be ill lol.

bacanze, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  16. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well done!

For a minute, I thought you were the Carl who wrote here saying how he had made $1000 from his entertainment site.

qwestcommunications, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  17. BWDOW

BWDOW Guest

Best Answers:
    Well done!
    Congratulations man.

BWDOW, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why the eye-rolling emoticon when you said that? :confused:

BTW I think advise #6 is poorly thought out. Perhaps you didn't do the "duplication" thing correctly. I don't think the advise (whoever gave it to you) is to clone your site, but rather to use what made that site successful and then to duplicate the technique it with another site. It isn't about cloning, it's about building on what you already know works.

jackburton2006, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  19. ing

ing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done Carl.... I hope your earnings continue to rise... next goal is $2K a month!
    :)

ing, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  20. askcybersteve

askcybersteve Guest

Best Answers:
    nice one carl

askcybersteve, Feb 1, 2007 IP