1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have been reading this thread and then I thought to start few campaigns myself using adwords. Till now I have spent around $300 and just made $50.

I tried to use very targeted keywords yet the product does not seem to convert well. The CTR on my ads are close to 4% and I have chosen product from Fun and Entertainment section.

Now I am starting to loose hope..I might try for few more days. any helping hand ?

I hope you guys can guide me through this difficult time.

Regards
    Ajeet

ajeetroy, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice to you is to use more keywords. Also, pay less per keyword by using a landing page. I *never* pay more than $0.50/click and I rarely pay more than $0.20/click, so just keep that in mind. This is how my small success is working so far. :)

scottmweaver, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. ItPays.WS

ItPays.WS Peon

Best Answers:
    Problem with Adwords is that the keyword prices get driven up by popularity, so if you don't find your own niche product, you are always going to have to pay too much for advertising ...

ItPays.WS, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  4. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that's true but you can always drive prices down by having a higher CTR on your ad. The problem is coming up with an ad that people actually click on. :)

scottmweaver, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    Gurpartap and cabdirazzaq like this.
  5. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    sweet info, nice thread REP!

pr0xy122, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm getting a lot of good info out of this thread as well. :D

scottmweaver, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    MattEvers, filtalr and Plight like this.
  7. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I will try to use a landing page. I will also use more keywords and will see whats the result.

Any more input?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Ajeet

ajeetroy, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  8. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to throw a wrench in things but I would assume these techniques for landing pages would also work with Azoogle?

SFOD_D223, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  9. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi boss, tell me if i am wrong,
    u probably selected a product with a bout 20-100 gravity that there is no competion and u test all those 8+ products and pay only 20 cent for a keyword, that could be only if u took a product with no competion, right?

wounded1987, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  10. Michael.T.Toth

Michael.T.Toth Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried using adwords, but basically everything went inactive for search and I ended up spending 70 dollars to make (my only sale so far) of $22. I decided that adwords might not be the best route, so I expanded into other PPC websites. I've spent somewhere in the range of $25 on these sites, and I haven't made a sale yet. Is it necessary for me to create landing pages of my own to presell these products? If so, which sites do you suggest for domain registration etc. Thanks for any help!

Michael.T.Toth, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  11. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    If things have gone inactive for search, it means google doesn't find your ad or ad link relevant enough or your bid prices high enough.

I would greatly recommend a landing page as it has a number of advantages:

-It lets you capture visitor information such as Email address and put them on your mailing list. Nothing better than being able to market to your opt-ins, over, and over again.

-It lets you track where your sales are coming from, what visitors are doing on your site, and how & if they are getting to the merchant page to buy. This is absolutely the difference between spending money on adwords with no conversions, and spending money on adwords with mad conversions.

-It lets you compete for URLs that others might be going for. Ever tried to compete for something like, say, www.NoAdWare.net, but found that you couldn't because someone was already advertising for that URL? No chance of that when you're directing people towards your own domain! ;)

-It lets you greatly customize the content. A lot of affiliates wind up "google slapped" when trying to use direct linking from the ad to the merchant because their ad doesn't relate well enough to the merchant's page. A great way to fix that is to link to your own page, where you can customize exactly what the adwords relevancy score robot sees.

There's definitely other advantages as well, as well as *occasional* times not to use a landing page, but in general, if you're not using landing pages, you're probably not going to make the income you want to.

For domain registration, it doesn't really matter at all. Hosting is a slightly different issue - just choose one that doesn't go down while you're getting clicks ;)

-T

Telmari, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    scottmweaver likes this.
  12. Michael.T.Toth

Michael.T.Toth Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input telmari!

Michael.T.Toth, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  13. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, well today landing page is a must have, because of Google's recent changes. Plus landing page helps you do testing, tracking and capturing emails, which will bring lots of $$$ in the end.

I know it's boring to create a landing page but as they say hard work always pays off. (=

dog_24, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  14. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, definitely. I couldn't agree with you more.

Email marketing, I'm finding, is an essential part of this business. :D

scottmweaver, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  15. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Update-

So now I'm up to a little over $50/day with ClickBank. I'm trying to break $100, so I can move onto $200. We'll see what happens. :)

AdSense, on the other hand, is only pumping out about $4/day now. I have some ideas for bringing that back up to $10 soon, just you wait and see. :D

scottmweaver, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  16. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice info, i am up to this , going to choose 1 product and optimize it for the best like it were all mine....good luck to me!
    if i make a good landing page relevant to the ad, why should i pay google less per click? and also what it the best category in click bank with good products and no compettion?

wounded1987, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  17. thehotbusinesses@hotmail.

thehotbusinesses@hotmail. Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use adbrite and clickbank for my site and im getting decent click bank results but my adbrite results are only around $4 in the past 2 weeks kinda sucks. I use article marketing and trying to do some other inovative ways of getting traffic just be creative.

18. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice job, scott :) 50$/day is decent, for sure :) How much of that is pure profit?

-T

Telmari, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  19. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much.. I'm running a lot of campaigns, so around 20% of that is profit.

Later on, I'll increase profit and lower overhead. :)

How about you?

scottmweaver, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hell yeah! I broke $100 today guys. :D

Goal #1: Met.

Goal #2: $200

Woo-hoo! I should set my goal to $10,000 by August. :)

scottmweaver, Feb 5, 2007 IP