1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips For Getting More Clicks For Google Search Ads?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by scottmweaver, Jan 27, 2007.

1. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What positions are you reaching? If the keywords your targeting get many searches it is likely that there are many advertisers also targeting them.

Thus you may appear on lower pages where I think people click less. Thus your CTR is lowered and then your rank will drop even more.

If you give us an idea of your position we can provide you with even better advice....

pedigreechump6, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  2. Toplink

Toplink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a new comer to Google Ads, but have been having a few late nights playing with it. I am getting very high rate of impressions and quite a lot of clicks throughs. Also trying some site targeted ads.

I am trying to use my daily budget to the max. I check the ads performance 4-5 times a day and adjust as required. Ads running about 2 weeks now.

What I have learned so far.

1. Bid high to ensure exposure, then watch the position. I am targeting 1-5. If i am consistently high, I can reduce the rate, if too low, increase the rate.
    2. As the Google advice says, choose key words carefully, try to get them in the ad title, as well as the ad text, and in the URL link if possible.
    3. Try a range of ads to see which ones work best. ie Car Rental, vehicle rental, auto rental, fleet rental.
    4. Ensure the page that the ad is directed at (landing page) is well optimised. Page file name, title, description, and page content.
    5. Some graphics with suitable alt text seem to have worked well too.
    6. I use accelerated delivery to ensure budget is used and that I get maximum clicks.
    7. If budget is used up to quickly, I review ad timing (I have cut back to 14 hrs a day).
    8. Also review countries. I am not targeting globally.

Still on a very steep learning curve, and learning more every day. If I have misunderstood the techniques or am going off on a tangent.......please let me know :) Just happy to share what I have found works.

Toplink, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    ohadgliksman likes this.
  3. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    Having words from the landing page in the ad text also helps

sarathy, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  4. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point, I think. Too bad you're so limited in how much text you can put into an ad.

That's not always a bad thing though, so I guess it's a give-take.

:)

scottmweaver, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  5. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been testing multiple ad titles over the last month which has helped to improve my CTR and conversion rate greatly by using text relevant to the targeted country or region.

kevingibbons, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  6. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more easy thing you can do to get some attention to your ad or make it stand out, especially if the competition is hot is to add "attention words".

For example, which ad leadline text would draw your attention more between these two:

Great money-making secrets

or

Killer money-making strategies?

Learn Guitar fast

or

Master Guitar today

etc etc... basically, certain words generally tend to have more 'pull', especially if many other ad texts are the same.

-T

Telmari, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you're marketing Jamorama there. ;)

Yeah man. You give a lot of good advice.

Keep it up.

Everyone else, pay attention to this person!

scottmweaver, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  8. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe, thanks Scott :) I'm actually not marketing it, but I am in a similar market :)

Fortunately, the tactics can be applied to any market! So often I find myself writing a blase' ad, and then thinking to myself, well shucks, I probably wouldn't even click on this, it just sounds generic! So then I get all crazy and try to write something that people just can't help but click on. :)

-T

Telmari, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it work? :)

scottmweaver, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  10. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    All other things being equal, yes ;)

-T

Telmari, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Outstanding! :)

It's always good to hear about success in the industry, especially through an increased CTR due to a well-written ad. I'm doing all the research I can, from this forum to webmaster forums to checking up on the rich jerk's past.

Something's gotta give! I need to make a formula.

scottmweaver, Feb 4, 2007 IP