1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google API Messing Up My WebPos Scan Results

Discussion in 'Google API' started by everett sizemor, Dec 4, 2006.

I scan three pages deep on Google for a list of keywords once per month. The Web Position Pro report returned 8 Google listings for a certain keyword, but they returned them all for the first page, consecutively, positions 1-8. Position 9 was another site's listing that was supposed to be position 3.

I took one look at the report and knew something was up because it is impossible for one domain (with no subdomains) to get more than two listings on the first page for a keyword search with no special parameters (i.e. site: etc.).

All other search engines were reporting fine. I talked to Tech support at Webposition and they said there was a problem with the API on Google's end.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if I should get a dial up account and run it that way without the API. Thoughts?

everett sizemor, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  2. Toonces51

Toonces51 !@#$%^&*^%#@#$%

Best Answers:
    I am having similar problems--according to WebPosition, my client's site occupies 28 of the top 30 spots for one phrase--it's brand related, but still, when searching Google, it only has the top 2.

Any thoughts on why? Or ways around it?

Toonces51

Toonces51, Jan 30, 2007 IP