1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Control over links with shared link schemes?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Trance-formation, Aug 7, 2004.

I found a link scheme that on the face of it looked good... http://www.ihaveawebsite-nowwhat.co.uk/page-ranking/page-ranking.htm
    in that it would provide themed shared links. I liked the idea of putting a piece of php code on my links page that generated shared links appropriate to "health", but today I notice a link included savaging social workers. Whatever one thinks about the merits of savaging social workers, as both an alternative and mainstream healthcare professional I don't really want grievance sites listed in my resources page (I'll be pulling out the scheme when I get home tonight).

I guess the lesson is that there are no easy routes to appropriate links. What is the experience of more experienced folk here?

Adam

Trance-formation, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I've never even tried to bother with programs like that.

I manually find sites and ask for exchanges, I put up a link exchange page, etc. that and give away free content under the condition that they link back on every page they use it on. works fine for me.

disgust, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    I live and learn :)

I am trialing writing articles and offering a php include if anyone wishes to use the article as content... the include obviously contains a link back

Trance-formation, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  4. c2morg

c2morg Peon

Best Answers:
    You could check out linksmanager.com they provide a free months trial and if your not happy they dont charge you :)

c2morg, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  5. juno106

juno106 Peon

Best Answers:
    "I found a link scheme that on the face of it looked good... http://www.ihaveawebsite-nowwhat.co.uk/page-ranking/page-ranking.htm"

Have nothing to do with this company/guy. I paid him to optimise my site and did not even get listed in all search engines except G**gle, as soon as i parted company, my site began to rank. He operates several different companies under different names. Check the "links" from the "partners" -check the domain registrations, most are his.

juno106, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  6. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe Google has people searching for link scams and farms and is banning them or at least penalizing people who use them.

They are very much against link farms and link sellers.

Several link exchanges I liked are no longer ranked anywhere in Google. They are still listed/indexed but have dropped in Rank to 0.

PRBot.Com, Sep 20, 2004 IP