1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blackhat myths and facts

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 1EightT, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Yet none of this has much to do with cloaking or black hat. I want my users to stay on my white hat domains as well. I use cloaking to drive the traffic to those sites. I use my design and layout skills to keep them on that site from there. The two are completely independent processes from one another. I'm simply trying to show that techniques from both sides can be used to help promote and drive traffic and income to your sites.

1EightT, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can I see some of your white hat domains except the simplifiedsec site.

visio, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is buying and selling links, exchanging links discouraged by search engines??? Exchanging links and placing your links on relevant websites are an integral part of SEO and there is no harm to it so long as you don't spam websites (place your links on websites without their approval).
    At least this is what I think.

ablaye, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    1EightT, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they discourage it yet recip linking is not dead: http://www.1stsearchenginerankings.com/2006/11/10/are-reciprocal-links-dead/

Google is cracking down on link buying and selling values but doesn't get all of them. If the words 'sponsored', 'paid' etc are near links they could be dis-credited totally. google wants us to use a nofollow tag on all paid links but if I buy a link I get a direct link not a nofollow link. Although i buy very few and usually for traffic.

Send me a pm. If they aren't BH there is no way I could get you in trouble is there?

visio, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  6. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Remind me never to argue with you. You have absolutely zero clue about anything at all. You are like a monkey trying to teach someone to fly. Unplug the pc and get a job, I hear fry guy is a legit rewarding position.

30k Challenge, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  7. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, stop typing. Everyone here has been straightforward about the risk / reward but either way you're being a jackass.

You say "BH takes alot of experience"

Yeah it sure does, you have to know how to

1) Register a domain
    2) Point domain to your hosting
    3) Pick your nose
    4) Follow the intructions provided to you by 1Eight or anyone with the right tools.

Scary list I know. Your IQ must be at least 49 to attempt.

8. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? I only see one person who constantly loses it and thats you. You can take your profanity elsewhere

andre75, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  9. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely useless you are. A black hat SEO uses these practices to gain an edge. They don't have to understand shit even if you want to call them names and make snide comments about their hat on Digital Point.

Heee Hawwwwwwwwww you waste of space on the internet.

Because they don't like SEO's period. There's really not any other way to explain this.

You are one offended by a few syllables put together, figures.

Kiss my three you monkey fiver.

10. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Any artificial means of inflating your sites ranking is frowned upon by the search engines. Check out the google webmaster guidelines. This goes for buying links, manually getting links, and even manipulating on page factors in the quest for higher rankings.

My reason for posting this thread is to open people's eyes to the reality of SEO. The line between black, grey, and white is a blurry one. We all do things that could be classified in any of those categories. Does that make it bad? Not necessarily, we are all just trying to survive in a difficult online marketplace.

1EightT, Jan 29, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  11. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if your aware but you can get warnings for insulting a member. Please be kind even if you don't share a believe wiht others.
    If you think thats all it takes to be a good Bh go right ahead start your own course and become the next millionaire.

visio, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  12. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems a mod thinks this is

"Attacking/Harassing Other Members"

And visio left a negative rep saying
    "Your Bh knowledge is almost as good as your sarcasm. There is one thing to be a good Bh it is quite another to be a big mouth which knows neither BH or WH. ~Visio"

When you can get negatives simply by proving someone wrong and hurting their feelings then you have problems. Visio is one of those people that destroys forums, he won't be happy until everyone quits talking about anything if they don't agree with him.

As kind as you are leaving red rep because you lose an arguement? If you are so concerned with being right all the time you'd be better off arguing with a wall.

13. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    30k you turned a good debate into a personal argument 2 pages ago, which is the reason I stopped participating in this thread. Something to think about.

aletheides, Jan 29, 2007 IP
    visio likes this.
  14. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a personal argument at all. It would be wrong to leave his completely false statements unchecked so that those who read these forums to learn get false information. Don't worry, I got red stuff for calling someone a jackass (rightly so) and the non offensive people that fill the forum with misinformation will have no such trouble because they used five letter words in their replies. I'll just quit posting in SEO threads all together. I haven't seen this many people turn their nose up to facts in a long time.

I've gotten used to people being stupid but when they spread their stupidity as fact to someone trying to learn it pisses me off. I even provided definitions which visio took the time to argue with. Think about that. Visio had an argument with multiple definitions of two different terms.

Did that sink in? Visio argued with definitions. I don't expect to win an arguement against someone that twists reality to fit their own little world. Again, I don't want someone interested in either type of SEO to read this then go on their hate spree because a few people posted their opinion as fact when they aren't even in the ballpark.

15. EasyMarketer

EasyMarketer Active Member

Best Answers:

easy it takes 15 minutes of time to get a blackhat site. After you make about 1,000.00 off of it who cares if it gets banned. I dont.

EasyMarketer, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  16. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I left red rep for your rotten and insulting attitude. And you left it for me as well... Lets forget about that. We aren't discussing that

How often do you argue with yourself?

No I won't be happy until people like you are banned. You are the one who isn't adding to the discussion. if you care to argue about your infractions contact a mod. That is your problem for being insulting.

visio, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  17. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Good point - are you exaggerating? I'd like to trade 15 mins of my time for $1,000 anyday. Have you done this before?

Even though there's no future growth, the numbers look nice enough that the trade off would be worth it.

aletheides, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  18. Topfrog007

Topfrog007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have two domains, 1 which I dont really care about and another which I do. Is the general consensus that I turn one site into making quick money using BH techniques while probably getting banned? And I can make long term consistent money with WH techniques for my other site?
    Technically, which is harder? My SEO knowledge is very limited but I would say WH is harder because you have to compete with well established businesses while trying to maintain your own ethical standards.

Am I way off here?

Topfrog007, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  19. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    This thread is about blackhat myths and facts. I'll be happy to drop the hammer on anyone that continues to whine about red rep, cry about infractions or engage in childish arguments.

You know who you are...

ViciousSummer, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  20. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No not exactly. Bh usually targets long-tail quick phrases and you can do that with WH as well. My seo site actually gets most of its traffic long-tail. WH is easier because you cna slowly learn and implement it without having to worry about leaving a trail and getting banned. To create a spam site over a WH page the spam site is easiest to create.

visio, Jan 29, 2007 IP