1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the point if no one shares any real info

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by drumminforev, Jan 27, 2007.

I have followed this forum and its basically just a bunch of people chit chatting about nothing. I mean sure the occassional tidbit of info here and there..

But why is everyone so secretive about which subjects are high paying and about having their url available. You wont get banned for having a url posted, so dont even use that as an excuse.

Basically, i feel like its crap that no one really wants to help anyone else.

drumminforev, Jan 27, 2007 IP
    superboysahil likes this.
  2. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. You always see those "OMG, I made $XXXX" and yet those people never reveal their website or how they did it.

In the end though, I think it simply comes down to traffic and good blending, so there's not much else there is to learn.

Computerized, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  3. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can relate to you guys but I've meant people(s) who have shared their secrets, and how they got it. They haven't neccessarily shared their site URL w/ me though.

Yes, I agree: good traffic, good placement/blending/seo is the key. Your sites category/niche can also be a variable in it.

Tracey12, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  4. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have shared many secrets over the months, and so have many others.. and many, MANY questions have been answered..
    Many people are paranoid about posting URL's because 1) people may steal their niche/ideas or 2) they fear the click-bomb

Keep reading.. although much is just chit-chat, there is a LOT of helpful stuff in here..

Tearabite, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  5. drumminforev

drumminforev Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew someone would say 'my niches wil get stolen!'

Honestly, what would it matter. Theres already 100 million webpages on any subject. Google any keyword for proof (but you should know this)

So, a few copies, hell even a few HUNDRED copiers of a niche, would make absoluetely no difference.

6. vikramgvk

vikramgvk Peon

Best Answers:
    hey why are you getting so annoyed at this site.this site is most comprehensive forum of sharing info.It will be very useful.:)
    SO,you want info about high payng keywords.May be you should try
    h**p://rich-ads.blogspot.com

i hope the webmaster will not ban me for specifing a url and helping a fellow forum member.I just hope:D !!

vikramgvk, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  7. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Easy answer: Some people are selfish. Especially when it comes to money and the chance of you intruding on them making theirs.

Forsh, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  8. drumminforev

drumminforev Peon

Best Answers:
    I already replied to that answer, so yea.

For that blogspot site...how credible is that information. Its probably one of the poorest websites in layout i have seen, which makes me believe its just there to continuosly bring people and get paid, regardless of how relevant the info is.

It says
    TOP PAYING LEGAL Keywords
    austin dwi
    Google Adsense Rate--$66.89

What does that even mean? 66 dollars a click, i doubt it. 66 dollars what?

9. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That info is outdated, and the site has MFA all over it.

Computerized, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  10. drumminforev

drumminforev Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, made for adsense!

11. assertar

assertar Peon

Best Answers:
    drumminforev- you are very new member so maybe it might be good to reserve your opinion for a while before getting to upset. Just chill and dont stress out - u sound disillusioned and fustrated at trying to earn money online. I have been there myself and feel that way regularly - its tough.

I have not been here long as member but found most peeps here at DP quite honest and helpful. Ive posted several threads with question and got some good, speedy informative replys. I have really enjoyed my time and have learnt some new real knowledge.

No where does it say at DP you will get all the secrets and anwsers to becoming the perfect webmaster and owning stacks of sites that may you a fortunate. Its not a clear cut as that, the net is such a complex, ever changing organism that techniques and info gets so irrelevant so quickly.

Each person has to take the time, effort to sift thru all the relevant info to their own interests, filter, try, experience, learn and hopefully develop the skills to be successful.

This process will be different for each person and my never be effectively achieved. Why would people who have spent all that time and effort homing their skills and sites attempt to give all their "secrets" to anyone who asks. So called self made millionare gurus can sell these secrets for $100+ a pop via ebook etc.

To me its like golf - you never fully master the game, there is always something to improve on or learn :)

Quite often the people here take the time to listen, reply, help highlight what you need to know and point you in the right direction to start looking for yourself. What more do you want from these strangers who often ask nothing in return?

assertar, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  12. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    No there isn't and thats the point, if someone has found a really good niche it doesn't have much competition at all, so speaking about it in a forum this size will do a lot of harm don't you think?
    Why should anyone tell there secrets, unless your lazy you should be able to research and not expect people to do everything for you.

jabb, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  13. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    People will share info here, and there is a ton of it. But as to giving out their URL.. especially if they make serious money with adsense, there are jealous people in this world that could get you banned by sending multiple clickbots to your site, or even hackers who will steal your traffic. Just read the posts here, and you will learn of the sad cases where people lost $10,000 or even $20,000 checks. Just not worth it. You can get a lot of good info on how to design and promote your own site, which is a gift in itself.

ronmojohny, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  14. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Learning to find your way through the junk to real info is definitely a skill!

It even inspired me to start my own site with all the information - minus junk!

kumiko
    xo

kumiko83, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  15. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't see the value in what folks are posting here (without links)... then you need to dig a little deeper...

Anyway, I think it is just a way of the business world. Does Google give away their secrets to success because Microsoft asked for them? Why would any business owner want to give their trade secrets away to thousands of potential competitors?

Sockmoney, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  16. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody wants to help anyone else? That is like what people do here.

Why would someone post their URL in their signature if they are getting 10k+ uniques visits a day? There is no point. This forum is full of info. The info is there because people ask a question and get help.

pjk, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    What a load of horse manure. Here are the reasons why you are full of crap and your little rant is beyond pathetic:

1) This is the Internet. This is Digital Points Forum. This isn't "drumminforev's Fairy Fantasyland". No one owes you anything. No one even knows you. You take what you can get and you thank them for it.

2) You keep railing against people not giving out their URL and then you poo-poo their reasons by saying there is no such thing as wanting to safeguard their niche. Well then, if it's so easy to find a niche, why are you so desperate for everyone to reveal theirs?

3) Your main point seems to be that no one wants to reveal their secrets to success. Which is a crock. If you'd just read the forum for longer than a day and then creating this thread to bitch and moan, you would discover that there is a wealth of information here -- more than enough to make a success out of this Internet thing. But because no one has placed all the relevant info on a silver platter and hand-delivered it to your door, you're huffing and puffing. "What? I actually have to do some work and read a lot? Nooooo!!!!!" Whassamatta, you can't read good or sumthin'?

4) Get off your lazy butt and do some work yourself. Or if you can't be bothered to surf the net for a billion hours learning little bits and pieces here and there (as I'm sure ALL of us who has gotten anywhere has done), then don't expect to get anywhere.

5) There is an insane amount of insanely good and "inside" information on DP if you'll spend some time looking for it. You can't be bothered to do even that? Well then why don't you just ask, and I'm sure someone will answer any questions you have. But I see that you've had 4 posts and all of them have been devoted to your little whine and bitch session here. So you didn't even bother to ask any questions before going on your little spiel?

And finally, this statement:

"just a bunch of people chit chatting about nothing"

Just proves that you are too ignorant to understand the value of DP. It is not too much to say that almost every single thread has some information, no matter how slight, that you can use to make more money off the net. The fact that you can't see it, or can't be bothered to notice those little nuggets, just means you will forever be a lost cause, in which case you're just wasting all of our time.

Now go away, your whinin' and cryin' is fogging up my monitor.

jackburton2006, Jan 27, 2007 IP
    Tearabite likes this.
  18. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Then again, some are only $10 a pop:rolleyes:

Tearabite, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  19. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell from experience that I got click bombed when I posted my url here...I got banned but I got my account back when I provided google with my logs....

hint: I edited my post at DP before I contacted google. :D

oseymour, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  20. Ginger Ninja

Ginger Ninja Guest

Best Answers:
    You don't get rich by been nice to people.

Ginger Ninja, Jan 27, 2007 IP