1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sandbox is harsh - When do links show up?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ElectronDon, Jun 26, 2005.

My site which is in the Google sandbox, has at least 25 links to it which show up with the other search engines like MSN, but Google does not pick up any of these links yet. Is this the proverbial sandbox? Will those links suddenly show up one day when the sandbox filter has been removed from my site? BAM?

ElectronDon, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is one of the engines that doesnt show all backlinks. All links are taking into consideration but it seems there is a kind of aging filter applied. A dampening filter that over in time will be removed. This can take up to 6 months maybe even longer. Thats a guess so dont pin me on the exact number of months. Give it time and in the meantime continue building more relevant links.

crazyhorse, Jun 26, 2005 IP
    AfterHim.com likes this.
  3. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    There is no sandbox on the backlinks. Google shows always just a selection. No matter how old the website is, it will never show the real backlinks. The amount of backlinks might be a good clue still though, because it tends to be higher when the totals in real are higher as well. So still the number is saying something. Its just not really sure what ;)

When you want to see backlinks, check MSN or Yahoo.

The Google Sandbox thing only means stuff about the SERPS.
    Search without the Sandbox: http://roberttaft.com/no_filter.htm

Sandbox explained: http://www.socengine.com/seo/guide/sandbox-march-filter.html
    Sandbox defined: http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/001963.html

Dirkjan, Jun 27, 2005 IP
    AfterHim.com likes this.
  4. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dirkjan is right. If your links show up in Google with the site:www.domain.com command then those pages are indexed. As far as all of the links showing up in big G then it will probably never happen. Only a portion show up at any given time.

North Carolina SEO, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  5. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    They are right google dont show all the backlinks you have..

If you are in the google sandbox, the best thing you can do is to focus on your Link Building Campaign..

Happy Linking Bro!!!;)

boohlick, Jun 29, 2005 IP
  6. shirsc2

shirsc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    google shows 16 links to my site... and like a 1000+ from yahoo and msn. Most likely cause i have a few site wide links. Didn't ask for them but every page on their website i have a link from. Hopefully that doesn't hurt me

shirsc2, Jul 12, 2005 IP