1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying for traffic/paying for posts

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by hitboy, Jan 25, 2007.

Hello I was curious about what the conditions were with paying for traffic to my website? Obviously I am assuming the traffic cant come from adult site but what other sites are not allowed to send me traffic?

Also on my one of my forums I want to enable a point system where users can earn points and trade them for digital products or cash is that ok with adsense?

Thanks for your help in advance have a great day!:D

hitboy, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can buy traffic from a PPC network like Adwords or Overture or Adbrite, but you can't buy it from a "paid to surf" network that pays people to surf for money.

About the other thing, I'm sure you can do that, as it has nothing to do with ADsense. You are simply paying people to post on your forum. Just make sure you don't mention Adsense in ANY way, because that can be considered as providing an "incentive" for people to post.

jackburton2006, Jan 26, 2007 IP
    hitboy likes this.
  3. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So if i want to use incentivezed traffic should i remove adsense and put it up later?

hitboy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  4. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats right option. Autosurf or traffic exchange aren't allowed with adsense and you'll only have problems.

sufi, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    im not going to use that kind of traffic but anyhow what if the traffic is on a landing page of where google adsense is not shown will it be ok then?

hitboy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  6. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think that will be ok but I wouldn't take any risks, best option will be to email google adsense support for 100% satisfactory answer.

sufi, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The question is, HOW will you get the traffic? If you're paying for it via PPC or link exchanges, that's fine. But if you're offering the visitor something in return for surfing your site, that's artificial inflation -- they are not coming to your site voluntarily, they are doing it because you are giving them something in return, whatever that may be. This can sometime be confused with PPC, but remember that with PPC visitors click on your ads ONLY if they feel like it, on their own accord. If those incentivized traffic, as you put it, is eventually going to anything with Adsense, you are violating the terms, and you are risking a potential ban. It's up to you to decide if the risk is worth it. Or you can just email Adsense and outline to them what you plan, and they can say yes or no, and even if they say Yes tomorrow, they can say No the next day and ban you anyway. But in the end, it's your site, and thus, your choice.

8. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For example I want to use taffic from a provider. They give incentives to there memebrs to get emalis, click on stuff, etc. Yet Im wondering because I am not paying the members to do this. The advertising site is.

Tell me if that makes any sense lol

hitboy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's basically what paid to surf is. You pay a network who pays a group of "users" to surf. It's the same thing and violates the TOS.

10. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok thats what i was thinking but then is it ok if the landing pages dont have ads on them how would google track that I mean if its not ok then i wont do it but i dont see whats wrong with getting incentive traffic on a landing page that doesnt have google ads on them?

hitboy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Regardless of where your visitor goes first, it's where they come from that shows up in the referral URLs. In this case, they're coming from the paid to surf network. I'm sorry, there is just no way around this. Don't risk your account on a get rich quick scheme.

12. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to run a get rich quick. but I am curious because that kind of traffic makes it easy to get alot of members. So if all the traffic goes to my home/index page how is it tracked from there? Also I dont see how the 2 are related if adsense isnt even on the Index/Home Page. Thanks!

hitboy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh for God's sake, how many times and how many ways do you want me to keep saying it? It's your account, just go and do what you want. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  14. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    jack was being so patient and nice

good to see you back to normal

:D

ThisBuzz, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  15. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok I wont do it lol I was just making sure you understood me correctly sorry for bothering you so much hehe.

I will not do this because I love my adsense account lol thanks for your guys input and time

hitboy, Jan 27, 2007 IP