1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's days are numbered as a Search Engine

Discussion in 'Google' started by notifbutwhen, Jan 26, 2007.

In all honesty, I believe Google’s days are numbered especially with the new Wiki search engine that is coming up. Wiki foundation will have a human edited search engine and that will dominate the web for many years to come. The only problem is how long it will take to develop such a search engine.

However, I believe Google’s pay per click model will remain viable for a long term, primarily because they actually send checks and accept all members. I see no competition and it is difficult to compete in the pay per click arena. Plus I personally believe Google Adsense rocks. The only problem is the click fraud issue. You can get penalized even if you did not do anything, Guess you just have to be careful.

notifbutwhen, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  2. Yazari

Yazari Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you.. millions of people use google everyday.. it's very hard to drop it..

Google adsense rocks... yeah !..but they banned me for no thing.. strange.

Yazari, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  3. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    A search engine that is completely human edited? Yea that wont be biased.

I highly doubt googles days as THE top search engine are #ed. They will be #1 for at least another decade IMO.

manageyourlinks, Jan 26, 2007 IP
    MrMOJO likes this.
  4. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is a word every single person knows... it's not going to get beaten by Wiki.

checksum, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. iamneo

iamneo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is going to rule for now. Not even yahoo is able to clone their adwords/adsense model. They have been trying a lot with their "Project Panama". Lets see. I would love to see some competition to google as I don't like their "No explanation" Bans.

Some abuse the policies and deserve to be banned.

I've never been banned ever. But, would like to see them explain themselves better.

iamneo, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  6. Yazari

Yazari Peon

Best Answers:
    The system which controls fraud clics is :confused: .. i didn't make any invalid clicks and i'm sure..

Yazari, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  7. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:

What makes you think wiki will be any better than google? Talk about biased and slanted! Wiki is already managed by control freaks. I'll take my chances with google's algo, thank you. It may be crazy, but at least it's crazy towards everyone.

wibr, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  8. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked the title of this thread - engaged people to participate. Google days numbered as SE, we all techie/geeks know that is not happening anytime soon. But it turns out that the title is quite catchy :)

Bombaywala, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  9. notifbutwhen

notifbutwhen Guest

Best Answers:
    Well for those who disagree you know what no one thought Yahoo’s days were numbered a while back but then I went to Britannica during High School years and boom, I see a goolge ad, click on it and there I was telling the whole school about this new search engine and before our eyes Yahoo was dead.

So you see, saying they won’t be beaten by wiki is false. Why because Wiki can give visitors much more detailed and targeted results then google. Human edited. Better results. It takes only a few visitors to spread the word like wildfire. Think about it. I get targeted results I tell at least 10 friends and relatives who pass on the word. Trust me I saw it with Google, it spreads like wildfire. And it will happen with Wiki. I guarantee it.

notifbutwhen, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  10. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would never put my pages on #1 of the search results if I were an editor .... besides google already has 'the human touch' with quality control personnel.
    BTW I am waiting to see a wiki spider :)

maiahost, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  11. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say Google will rule. I wonder what would happen if they would come out with an operating system.

integrity, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  12. brokensoft

brokensoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think that google will be the first search engine for +50 years

brokensoft, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  13. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    You cant ever compare yahoo with google. I know personally I never thought "Yahoo will never get beaten at the search engine game".

I will never use a completely human edited search engine, BIAS SUCKS. There is ABSOLUTLY NO WAY it will return better results then google does currently. Granted google isnt perfect they do a pretty damn good job keeping up with Billions of websites. How are humans going to edit and view billions of pages? Its not feasible.

The only thing that will encapture Google's market is a revolution in the current way we find information, perhaps something along the lines of video search.

manageyourlinks, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  14. robotdex

robotdex Peon

Best Answers:
    Google already beat a search engine that was human edited - Yahoo. Yahoo turned to Google's method of indexing because the human method couldn't compete.

A human edited search engine can not keep tabs on the latest and greatest like a robotic one.

If you think a human edited search engine is really more effective go and use the Yahoo directory or DMOZ to find your sites.

robotdex, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  15. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because your hunch in past turned out sort of true doesn't mean this one too will be on the same perimeter. Yahoo is not dead, it is still there. However G definitely offers better results and because all the money it made - the hoopla after dot cum burst made G stand out as a super hero of .com's.

Speaking of Search results, most of the search results I encountered during Christmas season were SEO fabricated - and a lot of results were irrelevant of what I wanted.

Wiki is a great idea of collecting information - it is like open source of information (just like open source software - keeps getting better and better). Any industry that is open source helps evolving great products but from my observation - how many mainstream users use Linux as OS? It is still Windows or Mac. So how soon will this Wiki search catch up?

And you are speaking of G's days are numbered!

Bombaywala, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  16. iblaine

iblaine Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will be fine so long as competition is unable to keep up, which is what we have today. Wikipedia is good for referencing information much like an encyclopedia. Google handles much more.

iblaine, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  17. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wiki doesn't have the financial resources compared with Yahoo and MSN, let alone Google, they will never catch up .... if they start to come good on search Google will probably buy them with some loose change in their pocket

gordano, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  18. lipskin

lipskin Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing lasts forever. As for how long, though... who knows? This will be a fun thread to look back on in a couple of years either way. :)

lipskin, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  19. C-Academy

C-Academy Peon

Best Answers:
    They are a growing company, if nothing they will branch out to other fields... They are loaded with cash and can do anything they like...

C-Academy, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  20. budlight

budlight Peon

Best Answers:
    people think that something that is inherently inferior is actually superior. Wiki can't be superior because they will be biased, talk about taking the internet away from the people. This is the same bullshit that is going on with apple's over pcs with windows on it, in no way is an apple machine superior until they let you put osx on any pc. The way it is now we already have choice in what type of pc to buy and google has done a pretty good job of being fair. I can't imagine a world in which wiki and apple ruled.......

budlight, Jan 26, 2007 IP