1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have PR3 - now what.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by scart3r, Jan 25, 2007.

I am assuming that to get the attention of se's that we need good keywords. I am also assuming that having PR helps to get noticed (sorry, am just learning stuff as I go).

So I have worked hard to get my PR3 - I know, not as impressive as most of the rest of you, but it's a good start for me. Now I need to know what to do with it.

My site is a traffic exchange and it seems all of the popular keywords are way beyond my little site's reach.

Can anyone suggest some keywords that I should be targetting? How do I find the best ones?

I want to get people who are searching for free traffic - but 'free traffic' will probably take a while. Can someone suggest some attainable keywords for me - or suggest where I can find some?

Cheers,
    Cindy

scart3r, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  2. Subzero

Subzero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Subzero, Jan 26, 2007 IP
    scart3r likes this.
  3. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great tool, thank you.

Cindy

scart3r, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  4. thiwankam

thiwankam Peon

Best Answers:
    Last firday my PR0 now it is 2 . How is become incress

thiwankam, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you find some keywords except "traffic" for your website?

hhheng, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  6. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Because there was another PR update as 80% of sites did not update

bacanze, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  7. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not yet :( All of the ones relating to my site have HEAPS too much competition for me.... will have to keep looking. Those dp tools were really good though - just couldn't find something acheivable.

scart3r, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  8. kailyn_morgan

kailyn_morgan Banned

Best Answers:
    hi,

i hav send u a PM regarding the same please do check tht n i hope tht it wld b of help to u... :)

cheers,
    kailyn morgan

kailyn_morgan, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  9. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try banner exchanges. Alot of traffic sites will advertise on banner exchanges. Most webmasters have atleast one good banner exchange they use.

You will be showing your site to people who will use it. Do not be afraid to add banners to other free traffic sites i see it all the time.

Keywords take time and alot of work so do the banner exchanges to get going while you figure out keywords.

rcj662, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  10. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, it's not that my site is not popular enough. I am averaging about 2,500 uniques per day, and am employing a lot of different advertising techniques, which seem to be working well - I have added nearly 100 members in the last week.

I was just curious about keywords and how to find ones that are going to actually get my site seen by the se's.

Thanks for your contribution though :D

Cindy

scart3r, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  11. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't work to hard to get PR. PR is meaningless and you don't have to "work" for it. Proof is the third poster had a PR0 friday and PR2 by monday, and I guess without to do anything during the w-e...
    I have websites, very nice, unique content, articles, you name it, with PR0, 200-300 uniques and $400/month adsense.
    And I have sub-pages to test my code...they are PR3 with 2 uniques/day: me , both times...
    Forget PR, go SERP

Codythebest, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  12. mr_john

mr_john Guest

Best Answers:
    I had put a bit of work it making a large list of single word (not terms), I pick out about 30 for myself and it seemed a pity to waste the rest - I have popped the up at - keywords.iihost.net - for anyone to have a look at.

mr_john, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  13. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL _ And that helps .... how?

scart3r, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  14. solidghost

solidghost Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have 2,500 uniques a day, you are doing very well.
    Which is your biggest draw of traffic? Search Engines? If so, that you should really be doing a lot of SEO (if you hadn't already done it) and don't concentrate of raising your PR only.

solidghost, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  15. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think, that once a thread starts getting longer, people just read the title and then the last post....

I am not looking for ways to increase my PR - I want to find ways to discover the best keywords to get me noticed by se's. Most of my traffic is coming form links and the referral system. I run a contest each month and reward prizes to the highest referrers for each month. Since most of my traffic is coming from this source I realise that I am missing out on a huge potential to get traffic from se's as well.

scart3r, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  16. eepruls

eepruls Peon

Best Answers:
    Codythebest mentioned SERP. What is that?

As for finding the best keywords the real secret I think is simply knowing your customer. What would they search for to find your company? Unfortunately, the takes time and research to see what your competition is doing then ... do it better.

eepruls, Feb 6, 2007 IP