1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft at CES

Discussion in 'Bing' started by worldman, Jan 8, 2007.

If you don't think Microsoft means business then check out this full video abotu everything for this year at http://www.microsoft.com and click on the picture of Bill Gates the CEO.

worldman, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  2. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I watched some of it this morning, it's awesome and I am excited about all the innovation. I hadn't learned about CES until a few weeks ago and have been waiting for it. :D

ArcticPro, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  3. totoros

totoros Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup CES is where everyone announces stuff. Microsoft has a huge space right when you walk in with Vista all over.

totoros, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  4. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With IPTV, Halo 3, Windows Home server, and the new Vista OS Microsoft is showing that it means business and I believe it will take over Apple in digital entertainment. The only thing that will give Apple a little ege is their Final Cut Studios.

worldman, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  5. tuxydoh

tuxydoh Peon

Best Answers:
    They definitely seem to have the fire lit, and prepared to do some battle for market share.

Tux

tuxydoh, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  6. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm really waiting for is Vista, Windows Server, Halo 3, and of course their answer to the ipod mini and PSP.

worldman, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  7. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    That would be the Zune.... but I don't like it.

ArcticPro, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  8. Shawon

Shawon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well Zune is just in its first version so u cant expect it to overthrow the iPod

new versions and variations of the Zune will be coming out and then it'll be competition to the iPod

Shawon, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  9. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was talking about one that would rival the iPOD mini.

Microsoft has sense, as they said they do not expect to take Apple anytime soo but they are working on it. By the second generation Zune they will be serious competition to Apple. I think they are using the same strategy they used for the xbox and the xbox 360.

worldman, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  10. rickjames007

rickjames007 Peon

Best Answers:
    The zune is so awesome. too bad i got an ipod instead for x-mas

rickjames007, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  11. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? I haven't read a single review that said the zune is better than an iPod.

Austars, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  12. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have. Walk into any electronic store and ask them. What the reviews say is the ipod has a better music store (for now) and a sexier design but on features Zune is hands down the best.

worldman, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly... basing your decision to buy a gadget just on looks is not only feminine it's also fanboyism at it's finest.

The Zune did in one generation what it took the iPod to do in 5 and it has more. Bigger screen, landscape viewing of videos, sharper more intersting user interface,..... cmon.. you're going to trade all that for a click wheel with a boring black and white menu?

It's true most iFanboys that say the iPod is better have never actually seen and operated a Zune and seen it's features and menu up close. I know this from experience asking people privately.

GeorgeB., Jan 21, 2007 IP
  14. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    The Zune and it's software is a copy of the iPod and it's software. Windows Vista is much a copy of Mac OS X too. The statement of you saying that it took Apple 5 generations in 1 what Microsoft did is a totally wrong, iPod was unique, the constantly added features to it hence the generations, the Zune had everything put it front of it by seeing what the iPod in it's 5th generation could do.

The fact is that Microsoft can't think of unique and revolutionary ideas, so they steal other's ideas. I was one of those people waiting for the Zune, reading reviews and seeing picks, when it came out, I like many others, was very disappointed by it. The Zune is nothing but a fat iPod and I have no use for the radio as bloatware so I asked for an iPod instead of a Zune for Christmas.

ArcticPro, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  15. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft did not copy Apple in their new OS (Vista) and neither did they do it with the Zune. The ipod does not carry Wi-Fi, Radio, Bigger battery life and not to mention the bigger screen that iPod is copying with their iPhone.

worldman, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  16. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft sucks and they'll continue to lose market share to Apple in 2007. Vista is terrible.

natekapi, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  17. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft has already set itself as the leader of the digital age and Vista will continue to do that.

You cannot say Microsoft and Vista sucks and you have no fact to base your point on. Apple has released Tiger for about one and a half year now and it hs not even secured them a percent of the market share. Who is better then may I ask?

worldman, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  18. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    those of you digruntled by microsoft did you not watch the Ces2007 clips ??? It shows us Microsoft's strategy for digital entertainment which goes beyond just vista..

It's everything around delivering a digital experience (vista , hardware, games, media etc).. This is something completely different to what apple can deliver.. Apple's strategy for the digital experience pales into insignificance against microsofts strategy.

Apple may have cooler looking gadgets but microsoft don't care about that.. They care about the big picture...

Now watch all the clips and only when you've watched them all then comeback here and make a comment in this thread!!

All the clips can be found here for those of you that are too lazy to find them yourselves.. [MICROSOFT CLIPS FROM CES2007]

liquidboy, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  19. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I watched all the clips the day they came out and that is why I keep saying Apple is not right when they claim that Microsoft is not thinking.

As for those who believe Microsoft is dead as liquidboy said go and watch the clips or the whole show and then come back with your ideas.

worldman, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Apple cares about looks, Microsoft cares about usability and functionality. So they push the envelope which in turn produces product bugs. People complain about that because they'd rather complain than think about the fact that had Microsoft not done it they wouldn't have the feature at all.

And as for the Apple did iPod first argument, that's hilarious. BOTH MS and Apple announced their interest in the portbale media market at the same time just like Sony and MS did the console gaming market. Apple rushed a product to market that TOOK 5 GENERATIONS TO FIX. Microsof twas busy CRUSHING Sony in the Console market but watched Apple's mistakes and built a better product as they had planned to all along. Just like Sony rushed the PS1 and got clobbered by the Xbox and Xbox Live.

Apple tries hard to make it's products so they can compete with Microsoft (hence the powerful G systems) on a user standpoint but in the end thier products just come out "looking pretty" but not having the total end user base covered like Microsoft does. And they never will because people will always build new hardware and program new software for PC first. Macs will always be an afterthought.

GeorgeB., Jan 27, 2007 IP