1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

social bookmarking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by cdx, Jan 23, 2007.

Hey all...

I just wondering how do you use social bookmarking for maximizing its effect on serp.

Thanks,
    Guy

cdx, Jan 23, 2007 IP
    banless likes this.
  2. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    The main thing is that it creates (if done well) exposure for your site, which in turn can lead to links to your site.

kh7, Jan 23, 2007 IP
    banless likes this.
  3. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    Some social bookmarking websites allow the profile pages to be crawled, so every time your site is bookmarked it gives you a backlink.

And as the poster above stated, even if it doesn't allow these pages to be crawled it creates a lot of exposure to your site, especially if the bookmarkee has a lot of friends.

PoemofQuotes, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  4. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @PoemofQuotes said it true. There are many high PR social bookmarking sites with tons of traffic. To get max benefit of these site, you should write an interesting story or something in which people take interest. This will catch huge traffic.

Next, put your keywords in title or story and put link in description having keywords in anchor.

Mr_Kumar, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. mrspeed

mrspeed Guest

Best Answers:
    A lot of sites will syndicate the feeds from sites like technorati so you can get backlinks. Other social sites will get your site in the eeyballs of other webmasters who may link to you or syndicate your content hopefully with a backlink.

mrspeed, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  6. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I would not rely on social bookmarks for links. They are simply way too saturated with other links/bookmarks. On top of that most of them will use nofollow by now.

mightyb, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  7. jamesplato

jamesplato Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's okay for serp, but I would use it more to be discovered more than anything....

jamesplato, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  8. evossman

evossman Peon

Best Answers:
    Then pay a butt load of people do socially bookmark it for you, or get lucky. It's hard to crack the code but i've followed some stories where they solicited bookmarks etc and then once they reached on of the first few pages their (digg/redit/netscape vote/insert goofy social bookmarking name here) went from 50 to 1500.

It's crazy, if you can figure it out let me know. I'd love to game the system.

evossman, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  9. cdx

cdx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the response...

The point is that when I think about it - all MY social bookmarking are my clients, and in all those websites I have Google analytics. It's so obvious that is not natural, and I don't want to be like that.

I can add more websites - and not just mine, it will do the work ?

Guy.

cdx, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  10. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on which social bookmarking service you are talking about. Each has its own rules.
    Netscape will ban you if you submit too much from one domain
    Stumbleupon will just stop you from submitting stuff from a domain that you've submitted too many URL's of. It will not ban you from doing anything else. And if you wait it out, you can submit other stuff again.
    Delicio, Furl and yahoo-bookmarks will not do anything. But it will impact the social aspect of those services if you are too obviously just submitting your own stuff.

kh7, Jan 24, 2007 IP