1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Inbound link question

Discussion in 'SEO' started by cindy, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    If this is not in the correct area please move it.

My site www.linkunow.com has 180 inbound google links from www.rankland.com, is this a problem, will I be penalized for this?

Thanks Cindy

cindy, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also find on one of my sites I have lots of links from a single directory. To be honest, this ahs never caused any problems, at least to the best of my knowledge.

qwestcommunications, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  3. cindy

cindy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that information, I was just kind of concerned because it seemed like a lot of links to me and I do not want to do anything to get penalized after all of the work that I have put into it.
    Cindy

cindy, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  4. Phlegm Jar

Phlegm Jar Peon

Best Answers:
    Are both sites yours? Whois records suggest they are owned by the same person, so if you're doing a run of site link from one to the other in order to boost PR or rankings, you're unlikely (IMO) to gain much, if anything, by doing so. In fact, given the overall similarities between the two sites (and bearing in mind duplicate content issues), I'd suggest that you're probably doing yourself more harm than good by interlinking in such a way.

Phlegm Jar, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  5. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.....

oseymour, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  6. cindy

cindy Peon

Best Answers:
    My links change from time to time back to linkunow :confused: So thats why im asking because one day im showing pure site google links and now im showing ranklands links for linkunow. I went to another site in rankland called http://www.beatyourprice.com, and rankland gave him 5 or 6 google inbound links to so im not worried anymore.
    Both rankland and i own the local and regional directory serp good pr. rankland, and normally linkunow are showing 80% from site at google(rankland shows that right now).
    Just today my google links started showing these results,and its done it a few times before and changed back, but i was wondering WHY it did this?
    I talked to ed jones the web master of rankland, and he set my mind at eas so im ok.

cindy, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  7. cindy

cindy Peon

Best Answers:
    My links change from time to time back to linkunow :confused: So thats why im asking because one day im showing pure site google links and now im showing ranklands links for linkunow. I went to another site in rankland called http://www.beatyourprice.com, and rankland gave him 5 or 6 google inbound links to so im not worried anymore.
    Both rankland and i own the local and regional directory serp good pr. rankland, and normally linkunow are showing 80% from site at google(rankland shows that right now).
    Just today my google links started showing these results,and its done it a few times before and changed back, but i was wondering WHY it did this?
    I talked to ed jones the web master of rankland, and he set my mind at ease so im ok.

cindy, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  8. SEOSURAT

SEOSURAT Banned

Best Answers:
    If that both site is your than i suggest not to do that... indirectly your outbound link of one site will increase all you do is get some new links from new IP i.e link exchnage or link purchase.. That will give boost to your site.

SEOSURAT, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  9. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe no penalize from google, but I don't think it will help your backlinks.

hhheng, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  10. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will not hurt your site :)

Nor will it benefit you site either..

KC TAN, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  11. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    It may not increase your Rankings but PR can be passed from one of your sites to another. So if you have a high PR website, you can pass some PR juice to your new site.

jdR!pper, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  12. indepth184

indepth184 Peon

Best Answers:
    It won't hurt but it won't help, you shouldn't add them to your calculations of unique backlinks (eg, count it as 1 backlink)

indepth184, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  13. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No is not a problem ...

redhits, Jan 23, 2007 IP
    jdR!pper likes this.
  14. directory.point

directory.point Peon

Best Answers:
    inbound means incomming link,
    by taking incomming we can increase PR of web site.

directory.point, Jan 24, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.