1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

yahoo Ignores Reciprocal Links?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by sarathy, Jan 22, 2007.

I feel that the after recent update in Yahoo., It starts giving less importance / ignores to reciprocal Links.,
    I see Our competitors sites (all top ranking with alexa traffic less than 1500) going down in ranking and most of our sites (with alexa traffic less than 2000) coming to the first or second position.
    I noticed our backlinks increased naturally, while the competitors did reciprocal linking

Pls share your views, this is just an opinion

sarathy, Jan 22, 2007 IP
    seojig likes this.
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think all the Search Engines are looking less and less favorable on reciprocal links, expecially when its a large percentage of your total links

oseymour, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  3. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    u r right sarathy.i m facing the same problems and that is why i m doing directory submission and article submission.this is most useful way to get one way link.u can go for three way link also.

seojig, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  4. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    No., i meant, Now yahoo seems to be good at catching links that have a pattern.,

sarathy, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link exchange has always been a lot lesser strength compare to the one way links. However, it will nevertheless help in backlinks, link popularity.

This is a knowledge since day 1 of link exchange..

So i still believe that link exchange can help, as long as it is within the relevant industry. i.e Mortgage exchange with Real estate or Loans.

That is my 2 pence worth

moneymakingguru, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  6. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been monitoring the backlinks for a few of the sites I work on regularly since the last few months. I saw a drastic increase in backlinks and link popularity when we started Article Submission for a site 2 months ago. Although we are continuing with the Article Submission now also, the link popularity has started to decrease a bit now. And this has been the case for all three Search Engines, AllTheWeb, AltaVista and Yahoo!

Also, I've seen an overall dreceasing trend in the number of Google backlinks for a lot of sites we are monitoring. Looks like Google has also updated its linking algo.

rosiee007, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  7. Sharon25

Sharon25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well according to my analysis it seems yahoo give more priority to one way links rather than Reciprocal, coz i have seen many sites with just 2 or 3 pages with no content has 1st rank on yahoo, but they all seem to have one thing in common which is thousands of back links, i wonder how they do it with just 2 or 3 pages, funny isn't it :confused:

Sharon25, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  8. fadetoblack

fadetoblack Peon

Best Answers:
    There has been an increase in the backlinks for my site and many of them have been reciprocal ..

fadetoblack, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  9. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've done well in Yahoo when echanging links....the thing is from my experience Google doesn't look so favorably on them

oseymour, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  10. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forsh, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  11. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    You confirm it too., looking at your sig request :)

sarathy, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  12. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal links are less likely to be natural so it only makes sense for them to be discounted.

1EightT, Jan 28, 2007 IP