1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About 'bumping' thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by oKiAo, Jan 21, 2007.

Hi,
    I would like to know if I 'bump' my thread with an update of the current bidding stat. Is that considered as bumping (and gets infraction point?) Or is it ok to do so? As, I don't want the members to see outdated bidding stats. But there is no response in the forum (though there have been changed to the bids stat as it is on sale in other forum as well)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Bumping thread - Bumping is when you reply to your own thread with the sole purpose of bumping it to the top of the forum. Also, a worthless reply to old threads can also be considered bumping.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "A worthless reply to old threads can also be considered bumping" If I update the thread with a newer stat. IS that considered as bumping?
    I would like to make sure as I don't want to go against the rules.
    Thanks a lot.

oKiAo, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  2. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    mods may be able to answer your first question, but for
    "old" here usually refer to several months. posts like "that's bad." or "i agree." is considered bumping an old thread.

devin, Jan 21, 2007 IP
    oKiAo likes this.
  3. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, if there's only been 2 bids you don't need to clarify the high bid. If you something to add, stats etc or it's not clear who's the leading bidder then you should be ok.

jaybong, Jan 21, 2007 IP
    oKiAo likes this.
  4. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for replies :D
    For the bidding one, there was one person placed bid in this forum. But there were bids from other forum. Thus I updated.
    For the fixed price one, there is no bidding since it is fixed sales. The last post was from me which was an update of stats 2 days ago. Now there are several domains have been sold. So, I don't know if I should make another reply or not since I am worried it might be get infraction point.
    Thanks a lot :)

oKiAo, Jan 21, 2007 IP
    soju likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    C'mon: this is what you wrote:
    Where's the update, clarification of latest bid etc?

sarahk, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  6. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    THAT is a bump. it's not very nice to tell untruths.

devin, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  7. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:

You have misunderstood. (or I have not clearly stated)
    I ask about this question AFTER I get the infraction point that is why I want to make sure my NEXT post (not posted yet) one won't get infraction. I have no intension of lying or anything. I just want to make sure my next post (for bidding stat) won't get infraction point. I want for clarification not complaining about that one that already got deleted as I know it was my fault (after I read the rules, I realized I got it confused with other forums rules.) :)

Hope this clears up.

Read this post. I have never lied. I want clarification for my next post not complaining about that one that got deleted.

oKiAo, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    This is an information sharing community. If a post contains no useful information it's crap. If you post a crap post in a sales thread we can only assume you do it for self-promo reasons, a.k.a. SPAM, which makes it a bump.

So unless there is significant real and new information in the post and you can demonstrate it wasn't left out on purpose in the first place, it's going to be a bump.

T0PS3O, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  9. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thank you very much for your explaination. So, I assume posting a new update stats is not considered as bump right? Since, there are several changes to the stats of sales.
    Thanks a lot :)

oKiAo, Jan 22, 2007 IP