1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New directory to launch (need some DP users to test it first)

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by t2000q, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

I am working on a new directory, and have it almost done (hope this thread fits in this category...). Actually it is a PHP Link Directory Scipt and I have just been customizing it and tinkering with it, I think I am about 85% done and just need to add some text to some of the pages but before I finish I thought I could get a few submisions from DP users to test it out (since I have been playing around with the code) to make sure I didnt destroy any of the important stuff (I am not a programmer after all).

I need to have some people submit links for free and some to try the paid links. For the first few people who test the paid links, I will refund the money and leave the link in return as a favor.

I am interested in comments, feedback and what the emails that users get look like so I can make them better (so far I just have common templates for these) etc etc.

Hopefully I will be able to improve it over the next week or two and then officially launch it to all.

Thanks

:cool:

t2000q, Jan 19, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. ing

ing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is the URL ?
    :)

ing, Jan 19, 2007 IP
    t2000q likes this.
  3. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    t2000q, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  4. littlea

littlea Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory looks nice, but you need a recip for the free ones.

littlea, Jan 20, 2007 IP
    t2000q likes this.
  5. princet

princet Peon

Best Answers:
    princet, Jan 20, 2007 IP
    t2000q likes this.
  6. donttrustthisposter

donttrustthisposter Peon

Best Answers:
    I need to scroll left in my FF browser to see entire site am at 1024 x 768 which is pretty standard.

And recip link is required which IMO really doesn't help anyone that much. try a free option or fork out some cash for PR and just go paid in a few months.

donttrustthisposter, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  7. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good point, I forgot about what other computers may be set at, This is easy to do, so I will consider rearanging the the left hand side.

Yes, the plan is to go fully paid, but I thought that at first the site would need to get known a little first, and I have to work on the PR, but do not want to get swamped by hundreds of free links, thus I thought if somebody was serious then they wouldnt mind giving a link back, but then again I never ran a directory before...:)

t2000q, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  8. donttrustthisposter

donttrustthisposter Peon

Best Answers:
    If people are serious you're probably not going to get a recip link. You can ask for more however. You can ask for high PR, more content on description/etc, only so many per category.

If you don't get content in there you're shooting yourself in the foot.

I run free directories. Here's an example of asking for more content in my Education section. Good content for free links.

The content equals the merit/cost of the outbounds.

Pleanty of ways of doing it, but an idle directory with no PR asking for recips and no content is not a good one and will get lost in the frey of countless others IMHO.

Best o' luck.

donttrustthisposter, Jan 20, 2007 IP
    t2000q likes this.
  9. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the feedback, I will check out your site to see what you are taking about and consider your suggestions.

----

Also I will not be refunding any more paypal right now for testing, I have had several test this for me and it works fine. I will still accept links that are submitted, while I make changes to the site.

thanks
    ;)

t2000q, Jan 20, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.