1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shouldn't sitemaps make indexing my site quicker?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Grand, Dec 23, 2006.

Hi,
    So Google is indexing, unindexing and reindexing the web pages of my website like is expected for a new website, but I'm surprised it hasn't yet indexed my deeper pages (which is a huge majority of my pages) despite me uploading a sitemap ages ago. Google has now indexed only those sites 2 links away from my homepage, when most of my pages are three links away. Is sitemaps doing its job? is there a problem with my sitemap XML? I submitted the sitemap around the 2nd of this month and my site got first indexed around the 6th or something like that.

Grand.

Grand, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  2. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check the status of your site map, and see what is the number of URL submitted, this might give you an idea how many pages are submitted via sitemap and if they are fewer than what it should be, some pages would be missing.

Revise your sitemap and make correction if needed.

imnajam, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  3. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Sitemap shall only direct spiders to crawl your pages, but crawl doesn't mean indexing.

hhheng, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  4. basket_case

basket_case Peon

Best Answers:
    Doing a sitemap doesn't guarantee indexing. The best way to achieve having your site indexed is to have other sites link to your site.

basket_case, Jan 19, 2007 IP